Punjab police seize 7kg RDXDecember 13th, 2007 - 6:54 pm ICT by admin
Jalandhar, Dec 13 (ANI): The Punjab Police on Thursday arrested three militants in Jalandhar and recovered seven kilograms of RDX from their possession.
The police of Kapurthala District in Punjabs Jalandhar Doab region arrested three militants at the checkpost in Punjabs Phagwara District.
Two live bombs and one unassembled bomb were also seized from the three militants — Gurinder Singh, Jorawar Singh and Pariminder Singh.
Rakesh Aggarwal, SSP, Kapurthala said that one of the live bombs recovered can be triggered through a mobile phone.
A magnet is attached below one of these bombs so that it can stick below any car and can be triggered via a mobile phone. If one gives a ring on the mobile phone, the bomb gets activated, Aggarwal said.
Three different types of RDX, screws and nuts and other metal fragments were recovered which are used for making bomb, he added.
Police suspect that these militants were trained in Pakistan. They had been living for the last 15-days at a rented house in Punjabs Hoshiarpur District, where they were trained in bomb deployment.
Police say that the militants admitted during interrogation that they were trained in bomb-making by Gurpreet Singh, who is an accused in the October 14 blast at the Shingar Cinema in Ludhiana.
Police suspects that the three apprehended may also be involved in the Shingar Cinema blast.
This will become clear only after investigation, police officials said. (ANI)
- Two terror suspects held with RDX in Punjab - May 21, 2012
- Four Babbar Khalsa terrorists arrested - Jul 18, 2010
- Five killed as train hits vehicle - Apr 23, 2011
- Punjab Police recover 15 kg RDX, ammunition - Aug 01, 2010
- Babbar Khalsa terrorist escapes from Punjab police custody - Oct 18, 2010
- Punjab police arrests four Sikh militants - Jul 19, 2010
- CWG on Punjab terrorists, ISI radar: intelligence report - Jul 23, 2010
- Punjab's new worry - militants not using mobiles - Aug 24, 2010
- Babbar Khalsa plotting revival, big strike: Delhi Police - Jan 01, 2012
- Bank manager in gang booked for making false statements - Jul 26, 2010
- Three held with drugs worth Rs.40 crore - Jul 10, 2011
- Police arrest Khalistan Liberation Force militant's accomplice - Jun 13, 2010
- Respond to NRI complaints, Punjab officials told - Jul 23, 2011
- Three cheats held in Punjab - Nov 28, 2010
- Suspected militant held in Punjab, RDX seized - Jun 16, 2010
Tags: aggarwal, bomb, bombs, deployment, gurpreet singh, hoshiarpur district, interrogation, kilograms, magnet, metal fragments, militants, mobile phone, nuts, phagwara, police officials, possession, rakesh, rdx, screws, ssp