Punish terrorists but don”t coin the term Hindu terrorism: RSS ChiefNovember 23rd, 2008 - 7:01 pm ICT by ANI
Lucknow, Nov 23 (ANI): Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief K.S. Sudarshan on Sunday said punish terrorists but don”t coin the term ”Hindu Terrorism” and defame Hindus.
Amidst growing allegations of the involvement of Hindu outfits in acts of terror, various Hindu organizations are taking part in a five-day meeting in Lucknow to mull over ways and means to counter terrorism and the allegations against the Hindu organizations.
Sudarshan accused the ruling Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) Government of playing a political game ahead of the Assembly and the general elections.
A person who commits acts of terrorism is not a human. If a person kills innocent people, he cannot be called a human. Therefore coining the word ”Hindu Terrorism” is a political game and as you see, this government has not taken any action against the terrorists till now. And with the elections approaching, they would be asked to explain; hence they have raised this issue ”Hindu terrorism”. This is wrong. Investigate these acts of terror, but tainting someone’’s image like this is not good, said Sudarshan.
He also objected to the government’’s motive of trying to gain political mileage by linking religion and terrorism.
The RSS chief further added that the government was branding Hindus as terrorists and not concentrating on countering the recent spate of terrorism across the nation.
The RSS feel that the fingers that are being raised against Sadhvi Pragya Singh, Swami Dayanand Saraswati and Lieutenant Colonel Shrikant Prasad Purohit in connection to the Malegaon blasts is a conspiracy against the Hindus.
For years, bomb attacks in India have mostly been blamed on Islamist militants. Even attacks on mosques were often blamed on Islamists seeking to spark communal tension between India’’s majority Hindus and minority Muslims.
But with names of Hindu outfits and people surfacing, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) and Bajrang Dal are also participating in the five-day meet along with RSS to discuss and deliberate over these recent developments. (ANI)
- Congress launches frontal attack on 'insidious' RSS, BJP (Lead) - Dec 19, 2010
- Malegaon blast: NIA to interrogate accused army officer - Jul 19, 2011
- RSS admits links with Samjhauta blast accused Aseemanand - Feb 02, 2011
- BJP slams UPA government for defaming Hindu community - Nov 24, 2008
- India not alert despite terror attacks: Sadhvi Ritambhara - Jul 31, 2011
- Malegaon blast accused not part of RSS: Ram Madhav - Feb 11, 2011
- Advani's Rath Yatra root of terrorism in India: Digvijay - Jan 28, 2011
- Digvijay likens RSS to Nazis, blames Advani for terror (Lead) - Dec 19, 2010
- Pragya Thakur alleges Sonia, Digvijay, Pawar behind Malegaon blasts - Apr 26, 2011
- Rajasthan ATS files 806-page chargesheet in 2007 Ajmer blast case - Oct 23, 2010
- RSS holds nationwide protests against Hindu terror tag - Nov 10, 2010
- Sonia creating Hindu terror bogey: Singhal - Jan 07, 2011
- Mohan Bhagwat slams central government - Jan 03, 2011
- Sonia, Rahul dividing India, says RSS leader - Nov 08, 2010
- Malegaon blast accused to contest Uttar Pradesh polls - Jan 23, 2012
Tags: acts of terrorism, bomb attacks, communal tension, defame, general elections, hindu organizations, hindus, islamists, lieutenant colonel, malegaon blasts, political game, political mileage, pragya, progressive alliance, purohit, rashtriya swayamsevak sangh, s sudarshan, swami dayanand saraswati, vhp, vishwa hindu parishad