Pune’s German Bakery blast suspects identified: Maha Home MinisterAugust 10th, 2010 - 10:05 pm ICT by ANI
Pune, Aug 10 (ANI): Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil on Tuesday said the police have identified the culprits involved in the blast that ripped Pune’s German Bakery on February 13.
“Police have identified those involved in the German Bakery blast. They also have proofs and know the whereabouts of these persons who are at large in various parts of the country,” said Patil on the sidelines of a function in Pune.
“The Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) in coordination with Central agencies were tracking the blast accused,” he added, expressing confidence that the culprits would be nabbed soon.
Over reports alleging favouritism on part of some Pune police officers in issuing licenses of private security agencies to their kin, Patil said: “Necessary action would be taken if anybody was found guilty of ‘misusing his position’. Pune Police Commissioner Meera Borwankar has been asked to submit a report in the matter.”
The Pune blast, which killed seventeen people and wounded at least 57, was seen as the first major attack on India since the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
The bakery is located in Koregaon Park, which is close to the Osho Ashram and the Chabad House, a Jewish prayer house, frequented by numerous foreigners and tourists. (ANI)
- Mumbai ATS nabs two German Bakery blast suspects - Sep 08, 2010
- Pune pays tribute to German Bakery blast victims (Lead) - Feb 13, 2011
- German Bakery blast accused produced in Mumbai court - May 25, 2010
- Pune blast death toll rises to 12 - Feb 20, 2010
- Chidambaram hints at Headley link to Pune bombing - Feb 14, 2010
- Pune blast death toll rises to 16 - Feb 24, 2010
- Bollywood actors pay tribute to German Bakery blast victims - Feb 21, 2010
- SIMI, Indian Mujahideen own up to Pune blast: police - Feb 25, 2010
- Premature to call Pune blasts a terror attack, says Patil - Aug 02, 2012
- No intelligence failure in Pune: Chidambaram - Feb 14, 2010
- Pune Police reassures safety for students - Feb 20, 2010
- Agencies aware of terror plot regarding Jewish Chabad House: Pune IG Law and Order - Feb 14, 2010
- Maharashtra's ATS identifies key instigator behind Pune blast - Apr 08, 2010
- Centre probing role of Jamaat-ud-Dawaah in Pune attack - Feb 15, 2010
- Court bans use of CCTV footage of bombed German Bakery - Feb 25, 2010
Tags: ats, bakery, chabad house, confidence, coordination, culprits, favouritism, foreigners, home minister, jewish prayer, meera borwankar, osho ashram, police commissioner, police officers, private security agencies, pune police, sidelines, terror attacks, terrorism, tourists