Pune land grab scam case transferred to CBIFebruary 22nd, 2011 - 7:47 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Feb 22 (ANI): The Bombay High Court on Tuesday handed over the investigation into the Pune land grab scam case to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Hearing a PIL filed by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) spokesperson Madhav Bhandari that alleged that bogus orders were passed under Urban Land Ceiling and Regulation Act (ULCA) to avoid surrendering excess land to the state, the court ordered the formation of a Special Investigating Team (SIT) of the CBI to look into the matter.
The court said that the SIT will have the authority to question bureaucrats and politicians in connection with the case.
Earlier on February 7, the court terming the Pune land grab scam as ‘larger than the 2G spectrum scam’, said it was inclined to direct Maharashtra Government to transfer investigations into the case to CBI.
The scam was unearthed in 2005 when the Pune Deputy Collector’s office received a forged and fabricated certificate under the Act, declaring a plot near Pune as non-surplus.
An individual can hold only 500 sq mt of land in an urban area under the Urban Land Ceiling and Regulation Act. Rest of the land is declared surplus, but it can be regularised if the owner surrenders five per cent of total land to government.
A certificate declaring land to be non-surplus is then issued. (ANI)
- Pune land scam probe may be given to CBI, says court - Feb 08, 2011
- High court orders CBI probe into Pune land scam - Feb 22, 2011
- Court wants probe into Maharashtra land scam: Activist - Jul 03, 2012
- Two get bail in Adarsh scam - Jun 07, 2012
- Sukh Ram surrenders, sent to Tihar (Third Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Sukh Ram surrenders, sent to Tihar Jail (Second Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Framing of charges against Sheila Kaul deferred - Feb 28, 2012
- Noida land scam: Former UP Chief Secretary Neera Yadav convicted - Dec 07, 2010
- NRHM case: Former UP minister, BSP legislator arrested (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- CBI raids houses, offices of former defence officials, builder - Jan 31, 2012
- Sukh Ram's surrender put off by court till Friday (Third Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- FIR against builder, bureaucrat in Mumbai land scam - Jul 05, 2012
- Delhi gets centre's nod to regularise 917 colonies - Aug 28, 2012
- CBI files cases against former Lt.Gen, defence official - Feb 01, 2012
- Cops raid Mumbai Congress ex-chief, seal property (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
Tags: bhandari, bombay high court, bureaucrats, cbi, central bureau of investigation, deputy collector, investigations, janata party, land grab, madhav, mumbai, owner surrenders, pil, politicians, regulation act, scam case, spokesperson, sq mt, urban area, urban land