Protesting power department workers baton charged by Srinagar policeJanuary 4th, 2010 - 8:31 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Jan 4(ANI): At least 10 employees of the Jammu and Kashmir Power Development Department (PDD) were injured when police resorted to baton charge daily-wage earners of the department, who were staging a demonstration for the regularisation of their posts and jobs in Srinagar on Monday.
The daily wage earners of the PDD took to the streets and gathered outside the Civil Secretariat to voice their demands of confirming their services as well as an increase in their wages.
They raised slogans against the Government for its high-handedness and being insensitive to their problems.
The primary demand of these employees is for regularisation of 3000 daily wagers who have more than 15 years of work experience.
Police officials ordered baton charge when the demonstrators tried to force their way into the Civil Secretariat. Section 144 is in force in and around the secretariat as per which any gathering of more than four people is banned and subject to penal action. (ANI)
- Jammu and Kashmir employees' march foiled - Jun 14, 2012
- Police disperse Kashmir government staff rally (Lead) - Jul 18, 2011
- Employees' strike paralyses government offices in Kashmir (Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Four injured as J-K police cane-charge in Jammu - Jan 19, 2010
- Striking government employees held in Srinagar - May 26, 2012
- Employees' strike cripples work in J&K; offices - May 24, 2012
- J-K public transport employees protest, clash with police - Oct 29, 2009
- J-K public transport employees protest, clash with police - Sep 29, 2009
- Water canons used on Kashmir employees, 24 held - Jun 13, 2012
- Police baton charge agitating employees in Srinagar - Aug 12, 2009
- Government employees protest in Srinagar - Apr 10, 2012
- Police foil employees' march in Srinagar, scores detained - May 09, 2012
- Employees' strike affects work in Kashmir - Jul 18, 2011
- Police break up state employees' protest in Srinagar - Apr 17, 2012
- Police scramble to control ruckus outside Mohali stadium - Mar 28, 2011