Protest over Jammu and Kashmir interlocutors’ reportMarch 17th, 2011 - 5:40 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, March 17 (IANS) Opposition parties Thursday held noisy protests in the legislative assembly against the sixth report of interlocutors on Jammu and Kashmir that has recommended restoration of autonomy to the state.
The Bharatiya Janata Party, Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party and Jammu State Morcha members started the protest soon after question hour ended, saying that the interlocutors had violated terms of their reference.
The three interlocutors, Dileep Padgaonkar, Radha Kumar and M.M. Ansari, in their report to union Home Minister P. Chidamabaram Wednesday, reportedly recommended restoration of autonomy to Jammu and Kashmir, the status it enjoyed pre-1953 when it had control over all affairs barring defence, communications and external affairs.
Jammu Kashmir National Panthers Party leader Harshdev Singh alleged that the “interlocutors have made recommendations which are not acceptable to most of the people”, and said that the “centre should reject the report”.
Greater autonomy, the plank of the ruling National Conference, is opposed by the people in Jammu and Ladakh regions of Jammu and Kashmir.
National Conference members termed the report as a “reflection of sentiments of the people”.
- Jammu parties boycott former interlocutors - Sep 02, 2012
- Autonomy recommendations fuel political debate in Kashmir - Mar 20, 2011
- J&K; parties boycott interlocutors' report - Sep 02, 2012
- Karan Singh declines comment on interlocutors' report - May 25, 2012
- Jammu leaders pitch for delimitation of seats - Jan 18, 2011
- Kashmir interlocutors deny proposing pre-1953 status - Apr 24, 2011
- Congress leaders will be kept in loop on Kashmir roadmap, assures Chidambaram (Lead) - Feb 03, 2011
- Panthers Party to boycott meet with former interlocutors - Aug 30, 2012
- Kashmiris want permanent solution: Interlocutors - Jul 13, 2011
- Kashmir interlocutors' report ambiguous: Rajnath Singh - Jun 01, 2012
- Kashmir interlocutors say media reports speculative - Sep 03, 2011
- Kashmir interlocutors submit report, focus on 'meaningful autonomy' (Round-up) - Oct 12, 2011
- Kashmir interlocutors submit report, focus on development - Oct 12, 2011
- Chidambaram to visit Jammu and Kashmir Feb 3 - Jan 30, 2011
- Kashmir interlocutors' report likely by February end - Feb 09, 2011
Tags: autonomy, bharatiya janata party, conference members, defence communications, external affairs, interlocutors, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, ladakh, legislative assembly, march 17, noisy protests, opposition parties, panthers party, party leader, protest, radha kumar, reflection, sentiments, union home minister