Protest against President’’s rule in JharkhandFebruary 18th, 2009 - 4:37 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 18 (ANI): The Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) on Wednesday staged demonstrations near Raj Bhavan to protest against the current Presidential rule in Jharkhand.
“We demand dissolution of the state assembly and favour simultaneous elections along with Lok Sabha elections. This will not only prevent unscrupulous arithmetic for forming a fifth government in four years but also save time and money,” said former Chief minister and JVM (P) President Babulal Marandi.
Appealing to the MLAs to quit and opt for a fresh mandate, Marandi justifiably said, “This will give a chance to the people of the state to choose their representatives afresh after the tumultuous four years of this current assembly that witnessed the survival of the government with a margin of only a couple of MLAs.”
The JVM (P) adopted a quieter way of demonstration by playing cymbals and drums.
Hinting at the Bharatiya Janata Patry’’s continuous protests to demand for dissolution of the house, Marandi said, “At least the opposition MLAs should quit from the assembly as they are also demanding dissolution of the house.”
Earlier on February 12, the police had resorted to lathicharge during a BJP demonstration near Raj Bhavan, injuring several people including former Union Minister Yashwant Sinha.
Jharkhand came under President rule on January 19 after none of the political parties came forward to form the government in the state following resignation of the Jharkhand Murli Morcha (JMM) President Shibu Soren from the Chief Minister’’s post on January 12. (ANI)
- Marandi's party to stay away from Rajya Sabha poll - Apr 23, 2012
- Marandi, legislators held in anti-encroachment protest - Mar 31, 2011
- Jharkhand assembly disrupted over Marandi's arrest - Mar 10, 2011
- Marandi seeking Maoist help to win Jamshedpur by-poll: Munda - Jun 30, 2011
- Munda appeals to Marandi to end hunger strike - May 05, 2011
- One killed as protesters, police clash in Ranchi - Sep 03, 2012
- Marandi ends hunger strike - May 08, 2011
- Jharkhand's rural areas hit by Maoist shutdown - Apr 23, 2011
- Hectic parleys continue as stalemate over Govt. formation in Jharkhand continues - May 31, 2010
- Jharkhand parties protest land recovery for IIT, IIM - Jul 10, 2012
- Legislator tears off kurta in Jharkhand assembly - Mar 10, 2011
- Jharkhand speaker bars media from reporting disruption - Mar 10, 2011
- Marandi fasts in support of Anna - Aug 23, 2011
- Shutdown against FDI gets good response in Jharkhand - Dec 01, 2011
- Police complaint against Jharkhand BJP president - Jul 02, 2011
Tags: arithmetic, bharatiya janata, chief minister, cymbals, dissolution, february 12, jharkhand, jmm, lok sabha elections, New Delhi, opposition mlas, patry, political parties, president rule, resignation, shibu soren, simultaneous elections, state assembly, union minister, yashwant sinha