Priyanka Todi blames Rizwanur’s brother for his murderDecember 8th, 2007 - 8:46 pm ICT by admin
Kolkata, Dec.8 (ANI): Priyanka Todi, the widow of Rizwanur Rehman, whose body was found near a railway track outside Kolkata on September 21 this year, has squarely blamed her husband’s brother, Rukbanur, for the tragedy.
”I have no idea how Rizwanur died, but he must have been deeply disturbed by something,” Priyanka told the Telegraph newspaper in an interview.
Expressing her shock and sadness over Rukbanur’s “false” statements, she said: “We blindly trusted Rukbanur, I regret his involvement. I made a mistake by not getting my family to meet Rizwanur, whose body was found on the railway tracks between Bidhannagar Road and Dum Dum Junction.
Talking about the time she left her husband’s home to stay with her father she said she had asked Rizwanur, a computer graphics teacher, to wait for her, and he said he would wait a lifetime.
She also blamed Pappu or S M Mahinuddin, who runs an NGO called ‘Peace’ for Rizwanur’s death.
Priyanka’s father, Ashok Todi, is the main accused in the case.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had on October 31 interrogated Ashok Todi.
CBI Joint Director Arun Kumar and DIG S K Golcha carried out the interrogation.
Priyanka’s uncle, Anil Sarogi, who is alleged to have been an eyewitness to Rizwanurs death, was also questioned by the CBI team.
Later, the CBI also called former skipper Sourav Ganguly’s brother and former Bengal Ranji cricketer Snehasish Ganguly for interrogation at its Nizam Palace office. Former city police Chief Prasun Mukherjee is to be grilled later.
The agency has reportedly interrogated four top city police officers, including two former Deputy Commissioners Gyanwant Singh and Ajay Kumar, who were removed by the State Government as there were allegations against them of harassing Rizwanur.
“The IPS officers have said a lot of things,” Kumar had said then.
The investigative agency has already questioned Priyanka and her mother. (ANI)
- Court asks CBI to conduct fresh probe into Rizwanur death - May 18, 2010
- CBI prays for abetment to suicide in Rizwanur case - Mar 21, 2011
- Rizwanur's mother now hopeful of getting justice - May 18, 2010
- Rizwanur case: Kolkata court directs framing of suicide charges against Todi - Apr 21, 2011
- Rizwanur's brother rejected by voters - Jun 02, 2010
- Rizwan case: Calcutta HC directs CBI to initiate fresh probe - May 18, 2010
- Court orders CBI to probe Rizwanur death afresh (Lead) - May 18, 2010
- Rizwanur case: CBI moves Supreme Court, challenges Calcutta High Court's order - Sep 01, 2010
- Rizwanur case: Supreme Court to decide on CBI probe - Mar 01, 2011
- Rizwanur case: Calcutta High Court to frame charges against Todi - Mar 21, 2011
- Supreme Court rejects reinvestigation in Rizwanur murder case - Mar 01, 2011
- Rizwanur Rehman death: Apex court questions Bengal, Todi - Oct 18, 2010
- CBI questions Rizwanur's father-in-law Ashok Todi - Nov 14, 2007
- Court issues arrest warrant against Todi brothers in Rizwanur case - Oct 27, 2008
- Try Todi for Rizwanur's death, says Supreme Court (Third Lead) - Mar 02, 2011
Tags: ajay kumar, ashok, bengal, cbi team, central bureau of investigation, city police officers, computer graphicsl, deputy commissioners, false statements, graphics teacher, interrogation, investigative agency, ips officers, pappu, railway track, ranji, rehman, skipper, todi