Prince Harrys chopper pilot dreams in danger?December 1st, 2008 - 2:58 pm ICT by ANI
London, December 1 (ANI): Prince Harrys ambition of piloting Armys meanest and toughest attack helicopter may be in danger.
Results of Lieutenant Wales, who has been honing his flying skills under a rigorous month- long assessment to test if he has the aptitude to fly a 35 million pound Apache, are said to have caused concern amongst the Army Air Corps.
Though the third in line to the throne has won a medium grading after he took to the skies behind the controls of a Slingsby Firefly trainer plane, he is yet to master the classroom theory to earn a place on the next stage.
Hes a good flier. Very confident, very calm. Great natural manual skills and co-ordination and a good sense of whats around him in the air, the Daily Star quoted a source at the base as saying.
But the theory is a real stretch for him, the source added.
The 24-year-old, who has been trying to make a comeback on the frontline by hoping to train for the Apache death machine, has two weeks to conquer his theory lessons else he could face failing the training. (ANI)
- Prince Harry to train in US as chopper pilot - Aug 30, 2011
- Prince Harrys Army helicopter pilot training begins - Feb 18, 2009
- Prince Harry qualifies as Apache pilot, can return to Afghanistan frontline - Mar 10, 2011
- Prince Harrys beerless Annus Horribilis to pursue chopper pilot dreams - Dec 23, 2008
- Prince Harry takes first flying lesson - Nov 19, 2008
- Prince Harry qualifies as an elite Apache helicopter pilot - Mar 10, 2011
- Prince Harry faces night flying challenge as a pilot - Oct 25, 2010
- Prince Harry to return to Afghanistan's frontline areas - Jan 02, 2011
- Prince Harry one step closer to winning helicopter wings - Jan 31, 2010
- 'Natural pilot' Harry wins top cadet trophy - May 06, 2009
- Frustrated Prince Harry cannot wait to spread his wings - Feb 02, 2009
- Prince Harry chooses to fly Apache attack helicopters - May 07, 2010
- Prince Harry takes to the skies to be a chopper pilot - Nov 19, 2008
- Prince Harry's Afghanistan dreams 'smashed' - Nov 29, 2009
- Prince Harry banned from pub - Mar 13, 2012
Tags: ambition, apache, aptitude, army air corps, attack helicopter, chopper pilot, classroom theory, daily star, death machine, dreams, flier, fly, frontline, good sense, lieutenant, ordination, prince harrys, slingsby firefly, theory lessons, wales