Prince Harry takes first flying lessonNovember 19th, 2008 - 2:05 pm ICT by ANI
London, November 19 (ANI): Prince Harry, who is training to be a pilot in the British Army, reached for the sky to take his first flying lesson.
Lieutenant Wales, who served 77 days during the war torn Afghanistan, began his learning process by spending an hour and 10 minutes in a two-seater Slingsby Firefly fixed-wing plane with a civilian instructor at an Army Air Corps base.
The soldier prince, who was pulled out from the Afghan War after the media revealed his presence, is said to be ambitious about making a comeback on the frontline by hoping to train for the Apache death machine.
However, senior officers have put out a word of caution to the royal that it is not so easy to pass the two-and-a-half year programme that trains to handle the Armys meanest and toughest attack helicopter.
These pilots have life and death in their hands all the time and the Army Air Corps will only take on people who are trained properly and up to the job, The Daily Express quoted a royal aide as saying.
They wont want Prince Harry in their ranks if they think there is any risk that he might endanger life, the royal aide added. (ANI)
- Harry gets trained for hostage situation - Jan 31, 2012
- Prince Harry to train in US as chopper pilot - Aug 30, 2011
- Prince Harry qualifies as attack chopper pilot - Feb 09, 2012
- Prince Harry qualifies as an elite Apache helicopter pilot - Mar 10, 2011
- Prince Harry to learn how to fight in Apache helicopter - Mar 13, 2011
- Prince Harry qualifies as Apache pilot, can return to Afghanistan frontline - Mar 10, 2011
- Prince Harrys Army helicopter pilot training begins - Feb 18, 2009
- Prince Harrys chopper pilot dreams in danger? - Dec 01, 2008
- Prince Harry faces night flying challenge as a pilot - Oct 25, 2010
- Prince Harry promoted to captain - Apr 17, 2011
- Prince Harry banned from pub - Mar 13, 2012
- Prince Harry's helicopter instructor arrested over sex pest claims - Oct 28, 2010
- Prince Harry's Afghanistan dreams 'smashed' - Nov 29, 2009
- Prince Harry Earns Wings! Chosen To Fly Apache Attack Helicopters - May 07, 2010
- Prince Harry one step closer to winning helicopter wings - Jan 31, 2010
Tags: afghan war, afghanistan, army air corps, armys, attack helicopter, british army, caution, civilian instructor, daily express, death machine, frontline, half year, lieutenant, life and death, pilot, prince harry, sky, slingsby, soldier, trains