Prince Harry buys PS8k Triumph superbikeOctober 20th, 2008 - 4:25 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 20 (ANI): Prince Harry has reportedly bought a Triumph motorbike, which is worth 8,000 pounds.
After passing his test four months ago, the Prince ordered the British bike in order to qualify for the EnduroAfrica event.
Currently, both Prince Harry and Prince William are competing the week-long 1,500km motorcycle ride to raise money for UNICEF, the Nelson Mandela Children’’s Fund.
They started in Port Edward, South Africa on October 18.
The princes, both accomplished riders, will be among around 80 people riding across the gruelling terrain. Prince William owns a Ducati, an Italian super bike worth around 20,000 pounds.
They will travel with a small group of riders during the day but meet up with the other participants each night.
They will also raise money for the charity Sentebale, which supports orphans and vulnerable children in Lesotho and was founded by Prince Harry.
A spokesman for Global Enduro, the adventure company which runs the Enduro Africa event, said they were honoured to have the Princes riding in the event.
“We”re looking forward to riding with them and, as they are both in the Armed Forces, I”m sure they will have the grit to get through because it’’s not easy, the Telegraph quoted him, as saying.
“There are no road signs and it’’s not like riding anywhere in the UK so they will need a guide.
“They will go through game reserves, tribal areas and wild areas, he added.
A Clarence House spokesman said: “The Princes are looking forward to the motorcycle ride that will raise money and the profile of Sentebale, a charity very close to their hearts, and two other major charities in southern Africa.”
The Daily Mail reported Prince Harry had bought the Triumph. However, the Clarence House spokesman declined to comment. (ANI)
- Wills and Harry make merry before start of motorbike rally across Africa - Oct 18, 2008
- Prince Williams causes stir with Ducati motorcycle at charity event - Jul 06, 2009
- Prince William to buy superbike - Nov 13, 2010
- Prince Harry's tribute to late mum Princess Diana - Jun 20, 2010
- Wills and Harry embark on 1000-mile Africa motorbike trek for charity - Oct 19, 2008
- Middle East unrest canceles Prince Harry's Dubai visit - Mar 04, 2011
- Price Charles worried for motorbike loving sons - Dec 13, 2010
- Brazil girls gaga over Prince Harry - Mar 10, 2012
- Prince Harry, girlfriend strain relations (Lead) - Jun 21, 2010
- William plays football, rides home on sports bike - Apr 28, 2011
- Prince William to buy 190mph superbike - Nov 13, 2010
- British princes to join fans in S.Africa World Cup trip - Oct 26, 2009
- Prince Harry's charity income falls by 84 percent - Apr 07, 2009
- Cracked ice runway strands Prince Harry in Arctic - Apr 08, 2011
- Prince Harry''s charity ''fails to deliver promised money to orphanage'' - Feb 17, 2009
Tags: adventure company, bike worth, british bike, clarence house, daily mail, enduro, game reserves, grit, motorcycle ride, nelson mandela, prince harry and prince william, prince william, princes, road signs, sentebale, southern africa, tribal areas, triumph motorbike, unicef, vulnerable children