Prince Charles and Camillas scribbled joke tin up for auctionOctober 23rd, 2008 - 2:40 pm ICT by ANI
London, October 23 (ANI): A tin box of Fortnum and Mason chocolates on which Prince Charles and Camilla had scribbled jokes and drawings is set to go under the hammer.
The 30-year-old tin was said to have been defaced when the Prince of Wales, aged 28, was still single while the Duchess of Cornwall, aged 30, had already wed her first husband.
The royal couple is said to have scrawled two old poofs pointing at the gentlemen in the horse-drawn carriage while calling the parcels as poof presents, reports the Sun.
The graffiti that goes back to the year 1977 also depicts a pile of manure and puddle by the horse and is set to fetch 600 pounds when it is put up for auction by Mullock in Ludlow, Shropshire, later this year.
Auctioneer Richard Westwood-Brookes said: This is a real insight.
The couple had allegedly drawn the crude jokes on the tin while spending Christmas at Blenheim Palace. (ANI)
- Tipu Sultan painting to be auctioned in Britain - Sep 05, 2012
- Sketches of Hitler's artist who erased name from files post war up for grabs - Apr 04, 2011
- British spy sang for Hitler with secret documents in her underwear - Sep 10, 2010
- Stalin's death mask sold for 3,600 pounds - Jan 25, 2012
- Mahatma Gandhi's glasses, prayer book up for auction - Apr 02, 2012
- Rare World War II photographs of British troops found - May 28, 2009
- Stalin death mask goes on sale - Jan 24, 2012
- Adolf Hitler's painting on sale - Mar 26, 2009
- For sale: Nude sketch by Adolf Hitler - Feb 27, 2010
- Kate Middleton to arrive at wedding venue in car damaged by protests - Mar 22, 2011
- Prince William to arrive at wedding venue on horseback? - Apr 02, 2011
- Will-Kat to travel in over 100-year-old carriage - Apr 29, 2011
- Rare portraits of Gandhi to be auctioned in England - Jan 13, 2012
- Kate Middleton gets Jaguar fleet for wedding ceremony - Mar 20, 2011
- 30000 pounds for rare copy of Mein Kampf signed by Hitler - Apr 11, 2011
Tags: auctioneer, blenheim palace, brookes, camillas, charles and camilla, crude jokes, duchess of cornwall, fortnum and mason, horse drawn carriage, ludlow, manure, mullock, old tin, poof, poofs, prince charles, prince charles and camilla, prince of wales, royal couple, tin box