Prime Minister will be absent in the Republic day paradeJanuary 23rd, 2009 - 7:47 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 23 (ANI): For the first time in the 60 odd years since Indian independence, a Prime Minister will miss the Republic day parade.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will miss the special occasion for undergoing a coronary artery bypass graft surgery on Jan 24, at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
Singh is admitted in the hospital, where an angiography-X-ray examination of the blood vessels was conducted on him. He also underwent several blood chemistry tests, CT scan and ECG, which have affirmed arterial blockages in the heart.
Earlier this week, the Prime Minister was given an overall medical check-up including diagnostic evaluation and other recommended treatment procedures.
Doctors from AIIMS and Asian heart institute cleared that his medical situation is not that grave and there is no medical emergency.
The 76-year-old Singh has been following a strict schedule of brisk walking and regular medicines.
He has also faced cardiac bypass surgery in 1990 and angioplasty in 2004.
Pranab Mukherjee is likely to attend Republic day parade in Manmohan Singhs absence. (ANI)
- Latest scan can tell need for bypass - Aug 29, 2012
- Doctors to remove Prime Minister''s stitches today - Feb 08, 2009
- Manmohan Singh eager to resume office early - Jan 26, 2009
- PM undergoes routine health checkup at AIIMS - Jan 31, 2010
- PM fit to resume work - Feb 22, 2009
- PM taken off ventilator, talks to his family - Jan 25, 2009
- After marathon heart surgery 'PM stable and conscious': head of surgery team - Jan 25, 2009
- Manmohan Singh ''s heart surgery begins - Jan 24, 2009
- PM visits AIIMS for checkup - Jul 02, 2011
- Manmohan Singh to pay obeisance at Golden Temple today - Mar 23, 2009
- PM's heart surgery successful, will be 'fully active' within six weeks (Roundup) - Jan 25, 2009
- Six months after double bypass, Gogoi 'hale and hearty' (With Image) - Feb 04, 2012
- Manmohan Singh undergoing bypass surgery - Jan 24, 2009
- PM undergoes check-up, is hale and hearty - Sep 20, 2009
- Gogoi to undergo heart surgeries in Mumbai (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 30, 2010
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, arterial blockages, artery bypass graft surgery, blood chemistry, bypass graft surgery, cardiac bypass surgery, chemistry tests, coronary artery bypass, coronary artery bypass graft, coronary artery bypass graft surgery, heart institute, india institute, indian independence, manmohan singh, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, ray examination, republic day, strict schedule