Prime Minister to undergo treatment at AIIMS on SaturdayJanuary 24th, 2009 - 12:21 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 23, (ANI):Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh will undergo coronary artery bypass graft surgery at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) on Saturday at 8.15 morning.
The surgery will be performed by a joint team of doctors from the AIIMS and the Asian Heart Institute, Mumbai, said a source in Prime Minister Office.
Meanwhile, the President Pratibha Devisingh Patil has assigned the additional charge of the Ministry of Finance to External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee from January 24, 2009 onwards till the Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh recovers after undergoing medical treatment in New Delhis AIIMS hospital.
The President of India, as advised by the Prime Minister, has directed that Shri Pranab Mukherjee, Minister of External Affairs, is assigned the additional charge of Ministry of Finance from 24th January, 2009 until the recovery of the Prime Minister from medical treatment, said a Rashtrapati Bhavan communique on Friday evening. (ANI)
- President assigns additional charge of Ministry of Finance to Pranab Mukherjee - Jan 24, 2009
- Manmohan Singh ''s heart surgery begins - Jan 24, 2009
- Vayalar Ravi to handle Deshmukh's portfolio - Aug 10, 2012
- Manmohan Singh undergoing bypass surgery - Jan 24, 2009
- Brief profile of UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee - Jun 15, 2012
- Chidambaram new finance minister, Shinde gets home - Jul 31, 2012
- Chidambaram gets finance again, Shinde becomes home minister (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- P.J. Thomas appointed Central Vigilance Commissioner - Sep 07, 2010
- Prime Minister Dr. Singh recovering well - Jan 27, 2009
- PM arrives in Amritsar; to pray at Golden Temple Sunday (Lead) - Dec 31, 2011
- PMO rejects Team Anna's 'loose' allegations against Manmohan - Jun 09, 2012
- PM to begin New Year with prayers at Golden Temple - Dec 31, 2011
- PM undergoes routine health checkup at AIIMS - Jan 31, 2010
- Mukherjee to chair cabinet meets, Chidambaram may table vote on account - Jan 23, 2009
- Team Anna attacks Manmohan, Chidambaram and Pranab (Lead) - May 26, 2012
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, artery bypass graft surgery, bypass graft surgery, coronary artery bypass, coronary artery bypass graft, coronary artery bypass graft surgery, dr manmohan singh, external affairs minister, external affairs minister pranab mukherjee, friday evening, heart institute, india institute, manmohan, manmohan singh, minister of external affairs, ministry of finance, pranab mukherjee, president of india, prime minister office