Prime Minister to undergo pre-discharge tests todayJanuary 31st, 2009 - 5:18 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 31 (ANI): Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will undergo pre-discharge tests at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) today, a week after undergoing coronary heart surgery.
Dr. D”Silva, one of the doctors attending to Singh, informed that the Prime Minister’’s condition is stable and he is following a routine exercise pattern.
The Prime Minister also held discussions with some officers of the PMO today.
However, the doctors say they might need to monitor him further.
The decision to extend Singh’’s stay in the hospital, if needed, will be taken by his personal physician Dr. K S Reddy and the team of doctors who performed the surgery led by Asian Heart Institute surgeon Dr. Ramakant Panda.
Doctors said that after the Prime Minister’’s discharge, he will be provided with all the required machines at his official residence to keep a regular check on his health, post surgery. (ANI)
- Manmohan Singh to return home soon - Jan 31, 2009
- Prime Minister shifted out of Intensive Care Unit at AIIMS - Jan 28, 2009
- PM's heart surgeon Ramakant Panda injured in accident - Dec 27, 2010
- PM's heart surgeon Panda injured in car accident (Lead) - Dec 27, 2010
- Manmohan Singh discharged from AIIMS - Feb 01, 2009
- Panda justifies conducting bypass surgery on PM - May 28, 2009
- PM's heart surgeon Ramakant Panda gets Padma Bhushan - Jan 25, 2010
- PM's heart surgeon Panda escapes unhurt in accident (Second Lead) - Dec 27, 2010
- Six months after double bypass, Gogoi 'hale and hearty' (With Image) - Feb 04, 2012
- Man gets new life after first-of-kind surgery (Lead) (With Images) - Mar 31, 2010
- President Patil visits PM Manmohan Singh at AIIMS - Jan 28, 2009
- Mumbai heart hospital ranked safest in world - Jun 08, 2012
- PM undergoes routine health checkup at AIIMS - Jan 31, 2010
- Gogoi to undergo two heart surgeries Wednesday - Aug 03, 2010
- Vijay Amritraj inspires brave-hearts of Mumbai Marathon - Jan 14, 2012
Tags: all india institute of medical sciences, coronary heart, discharge tests, doctors, health post, heart institute, heart surgery, india institute, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, panda, personal physician, pre discharge, prime minister manmohan singh, ramakant, routine exercise, silva