Prime Minister to arrive in J-K todayOctober 10th, 2008 - 11:59 am ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Oct 10 (ANI): Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh will arrive in Jammu and Kashmir on a two-day visit today.
During his visit, Dr. Singh is scheduled to inaugurate the 450 MW Baglihar Hydro Electric Power Project in Ramban district.
This is the third power project commissioned in the border state on river Chenab.
The Baglihar Project has been completed at a cost of Rs. 5200 crores and will generate 2800 million units of electricity every year.
Later, Dr. Singh will fly to Srinagar where he will meet leaders of various political parties including National Conference, Congress, PDP, CPM and Panthers Party.
On Saturday, Dr. Singh will flag off the first train connecting Srinagar to central Kashmir from Nowgam to Budgam. He will board the Diesel Multiple Unit (DMU) train from Nowgam station as a symbolic gesture. The inauguration of this train service was a part of the plan to connect Baramulla to Qazigund. The commercial use of the train will take some time to start. (ANI)
- Kashmir's economic growth depends on power: Omar - Sep 04, 2012
- PM to inaugurate Baglihar project in J-K on Friday - Oct 09, 2008
- Manmohan Singh to flag off first train in Kashmir Valley - Oct 08, 2008
- Kashmir focuses on smaller hydroelectric projects - Oct 19, 2011
- Kashmir rail services back on track - Nov 24, 2011
- 'Hydel agreements in Kashmir need renegotiation' - May 23, 2012
- PM to flag off first train in Kashmir Valley today - Oct 11, 2008
- PM flags off first train in Kashmir Valley - Oct 11, 2008
- Mufti seeks boost for Kashmir economy - Dec 26, 2011
- Kashmir's historic town soon to be history! - Jul 10, 2011
- Two train accidents injure 21 - Nov 23, 2011
- Omar visits snow-hit Jammu region - Jan 09, 2012
- Busy schedule awaits prime minister in Srinagar - Oct 10, 2008
- Rail service resumes in Kashmir Valley - Dec 24, 2010
- IVRCL bags Rs.972 crore-worth orders - Oct 31, 2011
Tags: baglihar project, border state, crores, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, first train, hydro electric power, inauguration, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, manmohan, manmohan singh, panthers party, pdp, political parties, river chenab, symbolic gesture, train service, units of electricity, will take some time