Prime Minister shifted out of Intensive Care Unit at AIIMSJanuary 28th, 2009 - 11:36 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan.28 (ANI): Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh, recovering after a successful coronary by-pass surgery, was shifted out of the ICU (intensive care unit) at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) on Wednesday morning.
Seventy six-year-old Dr. Singh was moved out of the ICU this morning. All his monitoring devices have been removed and he has been shifted to an adjacent room, said sources at the AIIMS.
The decision regarding shifting of Dr. Singh out of the ICU was taken by a team of doctors, which included his personal physician Dr. K. S. Reddy and repeat by-pass surgeon Dr. Ramakant Panda from Mumbai’’s Asian Heart Institute (AHI).
Meanwhile, Dr. Vijay D”Silva, an ICU specialist also from Asian Heart Institute and attending on the Prime Minister, said, “His is a speedy recovery in the expected time frame”. (ANI)
- President Patil visits PM Manmohan Singh at AIIMS - Jan 28, 2009
- Mumbai heart hospital ranked safest in world - Jun 08, 2012
- Six months after double bypass, Gogoi 'hale and hearty' (With Image) - Feb 04, 2012
- Manmohan Singh likely to be discharged from hospital on Saturday - Jan 30, 2009
- Gogoi to undergo two heart surgeries Wednesday - Aug 03, 2010
- Mumbai hospital gets advanced surgical robot (With Images) - Jul 07, 2011
- Vijay Amritraj inspires brave-hearts of Mumbai Marathon - Jan 14, 2012
- Gogoi to undergo heart surgeries in Mumbai (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 30, 2010
- Septuagenarian survives, thanks to rarest of rare heart surgery - Jun 25, 2009
- Akshay Kumar is ambassador for heart patients - Sep 23, 2011
- Complicated heart surgeries performed successfully on Gogoi (Lead) - Aug 04, 2010
- Gogoi off ventilator, making speedy recovery - Aug 05, 2010
- PM's heart surgeon Ramakant Panda injured in accident - Dec 27, 2010
- Surgery on Prime Minister successful: PMO spokesperson - Jan 24, 2009
- Complicated heart surgery on Gogoi in Mumbai - Aug 04, 2010
Tags: aiims new delhi, all india institute of medical sciences, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, heart institute, india institute, intensive care unit, jan 28, manmohan, manmohan singh, mumbai, panda, personal physician, prime minister, ramakant, seventy six, speedy recovery, time frame, vijay, wednesday morning