Prime Minister Manmohan Singh overwhelmed by peoples well wishesJanuary 26th, 2009 - 3:56 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan.26 (ANI): Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh has expressed his gratitude for the overwhelming affection that the people across the country have expressed for his early recovery from heart ailment at the All India Medical Institute of Sciences (AIIMS) in the national capital.
Dr. Singh has received countless messages from women, men and children from across the country extending their good wishes for his speedy recovery and good health.
Deeply touched by everyones kind words, conveying their sincere desire to see him soon in fine health and full strength, Dr. Singh felt overwhelmed by the abundance of good wishes that have come in from children, many of whom have prayed for his quick recuperation.
The Prime Minister is thankful to the people of the country whose true love for him is a source of great strength to him always and particularly as he recovers from his recent heart surgery.
Dr. Singh is joined by his family in expressing their heartiest gratitude to the people for their support during this period, when he is recuperating at the hospital.
Besides, several world leaders have sent messages for the speedy recovery of the Prime Minister.
On Sunday, a day after undergoing an eleven-hour long coronary bypass surgery, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was reported to be making “excellent progress” and was eager to return to work as soon as possible, doctors attending on him said on Sunday.
“We are happy to inform that the Prime Minister is making excellent progress. …. He is fully conscious, quite comfortable and is eager to return to work as soon as possible,” Dr K S Reddy, personal physician to the Prime Minister, said at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) where five grafts were done to overcome the blockages to Singh’’s heart. (ANI)
- Get well soon, Gilani wishes Sonia Gandhi - Mar 06, 2012
- PM makes makes 'excellent progress', thanks nation for wishes (Lead) - Jan 26, 2009
- Manmohan Singh recovering fast following heart surgery - Jan 27, 2009
- PM making steady progress, put on semi-solid diet (Second Lead) - Jan 26, 2009
- PM thanks country for wishing him speedy recovery - Jan 26, 2009
- World leaders wish Manmohan Singh a speedy recovery - Jan 25, 2009
- Partymen missed Sonia in her absence, says Congress mouthpiece - Sep 12, 2011
- Govt. will take all measures to ensure safety of nuclear plants: PM - Mar 29, 2011
- Big B prays for Yuvraj's speedy recovery - Feb 21, 2012
- Vajpayee's condition serious; PM, Sonia wish him speedy recovery (Second Lead) - Feb 08, 2009
- Gogoi to undergo two heart surgeries Wednesday - Aug 03, 2010
- Recuperating Vayalar Ravi to reach Chennai by a special aircraft - Feb 09, 2010
- Political leaders wish for PM's speedy recovery - Jan 23, 2009
- Sonia wishes speedy recovery to PM - Jan 27, 2009
- PM wishes Jyoti Basu speedy recovery - Jan 16, 2010
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, blockages, coronary bypass surgery, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, full strength, good health, heart ailment, heart surgery, india institute, manmohan, manmohan singh, medical institute, overwhelming affection, personal physician, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, recuperation, speedy recovery