President, VP, PM greet people on Buddha PurnimaMay 19th, 2008 - 3:54 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 19 (ANI): President Pratibha Patil, Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari and Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh today greeted people on the eve of Buddha Purnima, the day Lord Buddha was born.
In her message, President Patil said, “On the auspicious occasion of Buddha Purnima, I offer my greetings and good wishes to all my fellow citizens.”
“May the message of Lord Buddha inspire us to follow the path of truth, peace and compassion and serve humanity to affirm our faith in the eternal values of non-violence and universal brotherhood,” she added.
In his message, Vice President Hamid Ansari said that Lord Budha through his enlightened teachings showed us the eternal path of ahimsa, right conduct and universal love. Lord Buddha’s teachings have the power to save mankind from ignorance, turmoil and moral decay.
He said that let us imbibe Lord Budha’s teachings for the enduring welfare of humanity.
Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh in his message said that the occasion is a reminder to humanity of the ideals of Lord Buddha. It reinforces the strength of the principles of non-violence, compassion and brotherhood.
“May this festival strenghthen the commitment to unity and fellow-feeling among citizens,” he added.
Buddha Purnima is the most sacred day in the Buddhist calendar. It is the most important festival of the Buddhists.
Although Buddhists regard every full moon as sacred, the moon of the month of Vaisakh (April - May) has special significance because on this day the Buddha was born, attained enlightenment, and attained Nirvana when he died.
This strange, three - fold coincidence, gives Buddha Purnima its unique significance. (ANI)
- President, PM greet the nation on Buddha Purnima - May 05, 2012
- President, vice president greet nation on Buddha Purnima - May 26, 2010
- Devotees celebrate Buddha Purnima in Uttar Pradesh - May 27, 2010
- President, PM greet nation on Buddha Purnima (Lead) - May 26, 2010
- President, PM greet nation on Buddha Purnima - May 16, 2011
- Buddha Purnima celebrated with full devotion in Tripura - May 27, 2010
- Nation celebrates Buddha Purnima - May 27, 2010
- President, vice president greet nation on Milad-Un-Nabi - Feb 15, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Mahavir Jayanti (Lead) - Apr 15, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Buddha Poornima - May 08, 2009
- President, Vice President greet nation ahead of Mahavir Jayanti - Apr 15, 2011
- Meira Kumar greets nation on Buddha Purnima - May 26, 2010
- President greets nation on Buddha Poornima - May 08, 2009
- PM greets people on Buddha Purnima - May 26, 2010
- Buddha Purnima celebrated with full devotion in Tripura - May 20, 2008
Tags: auspicious occasion, buddha, buddha purnima, buddhist calendar, buddhists, budha, dr manmohan singh, eternal path, eternal values, fellow feeling, full moon, lord buddha, manmohan, manmohan singh, mohammad hamid ansari, moral decay, president mohammad, president pratibha patil, universal brotherhood, vaisakh