President to launch Save Girl Child campaign todayMarch 8th, 2009 - 11:03 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 8 (ANI): President Pratibha Patil will launch the Save Girl Child campaign on the occasion of International Women’’s Day today.
The President will administer a mass oath at Rashtrapati Bhawan.
A gender development index and a report on gender empowerment measures in India will also be released to mark the occasion.
Besides, a report on the Bell Bajao campaign and on appointment of protection officers for the implementation of the Child Marriage Act and Prohibition of Domestic Violence Act will also be released.
International Woman’’s Day is marked on March 8 every year. It is a major day of global celebration for the economic, political and social achievements of women. (ANI)
- Ajit Singh sworn-in union minister - Dec 18, 2011
- International Women''s Day celebration today - Mar 08, 2009
- Awareness needed for Delhi's women: Dikshit - Feb 19, 2011
- President Patil to Visit Amritsar to boost "Nanhi Chhaan" girl and tree campaign - Oct 04, 2010
- Ajit Singh sworn-in union minister (Lead) - Dec 18, 2011
- India celebrates International Women's Day - Mar 08, 2011
- Improve India's sex ratio, says president - Mar 17, 2011
- Need to correct gender discrimination: Patil - Jan 25, 2012
- President concerned over declining sex ratio - Jan 14, 2012
- UN joins 'Bell Bajao' campaign on domestic violence - Sep 22, 2010
- A President of India cannot come through 'reservation' (Comment) - Jun 07, 2012
- Women empowerment mission to begin work soon - Jul 06, 2010
- Ajit Singh sworn-in as cabinet minister (Second Lead) - Dec 18, 2011
- Need to fight bias against girl child: President - Aug 14, 2011
- Women's education important for development: President - Mar 07, 2011
Tags: appointment, child campaign, child marriage, domestic violence act, gender development index, girl child, global celebration, implementation, India, international woman, international women, marriage, marriage act, measures, New Delhi, president pratibha patil, prohibition, rashtrapati bhawan, social achievements