President prays at Varanasi’’s Kashi Vishwanath TempleMarch 14th, 2009 - 5:37 pm ICT by ANI
Varanasi, Mar 14 (ANI): President Pratibha Patil on Saturday worshipped at the Kashi Vishwanath Temple in Varanasi.
President Patil performed special rituals with her husband Devisingh Shekhawat and other family members.
She performed ”Dugdhabhishek” (milk-bathing) of the Shivalingam with 50 litres of milk. She also performed special ”Shodashopachar Pujan” (worship) under the supervision of Pandit Harihar Kripalu Tripathi, the chairman of the Kashi Vishwanath Temple Trust and Pandit Chandramauli Upadhyay, a trust member.
Before leaving for Delhi, the President did ”pradakshina” (circumambulation) of the sanctum sanctorum.
President Patil arrived here on Friday to address the 91st convocation of the Banaras Hindu University (BHU). (ANI)
- Hindus celebrate Maha Shivratri - Mar 02, 2011
- Devotees lament hike in temple fees at Kashi Vishwanath Temple - Jul 07, 2010
- Kashi Vishwanath temple to get facelift, priests get pay hike - Jun 19, 2012
- Delhi celebrates Maha Shivaratri with offerings, fasts and prayers - Feb 20, 2012
- Devotees attack authorities for missing silver slipper - Jul 28, 2011
- Student kills self in BHU - Feb 22, 2012
- Fasting, prayers mark Mahashivratri in Delhi - Mar 02, 2011
- President Patil to address BHU convocation today - Mar 13, 2009
- BHU professor found dead in campus home - Jul 19, 2011
- Kashi Vishwanath temple security to be beefed up - Mar 31, 2011
- Mahashivaratri celebrated across India - Feb 20, 2012
- Devotees throng Shiva temples, celebrate 'Shravan' - Jul 16, 2011
- Varun Gandhi ties knot in Varanasi - Mar 06, 2011
- After 2,000 years, temple allows women into sanctum sanctorum - Apr 15, 2011
- Nepal celebrates Mahashivaratri festival - Feb 20, 2012
Tags: banaras hindu university, circumambulation, convocation, family members, kashi vishwanath temple, kripalu, president pratibha patil, rituals, sanctum sanctorum, shekhawat, shivalingam, supervision, trust member, varanasi, worshipped