President Pratibha Patil meets Gordon BrownOctober 29th, 2009 - 2:04 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 29 (ANI): President Pratibha Patil on Thursday met British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and discussed bilateral, regional and international issues, including the current situation in Pakistan.
The meeting was held at Brown’s official residence at 10 Downing Street.
President Patil was accompanied by the Indian High Commissioner to UK Nalin Surie, Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao, Joint Secretary Rajendra Prasad and Minister of State for Higher Education D Purandeswari.
Queen Elizabeth, as the head of Commonwealth, will present to President Patil the baton, indicating the launch of the Commonwealth Games, at a ceremony at the Buckingham Palace today.
On Wednesday, President Patil was given Mahatma Gandhi’s memorabilia in a ceremony held at India House (Indian High Commission) by two Indian-origin industrialists Ghulam Noon and Nathu Ram Puri. President Patil will be in London till October 29.
This is also the first State visit to UK after the Strategic Partnership firmed up between the two countries in 2004. (ANI)
- Bringing back Gandhi's memorabilia will be most significant: President Patil - Oct 27, 2009
- Brit-Indian industrialists hand over Gandhi memorabilia to President Patil - Oct 28, 2009
- Pratibha Patil begins Britain visit with Diaspora meet - Oct 26, 2009
- London duo hand over Gandhi letters to Patil - a gift to India - Oct 28, 2009
- Queen's Baton Relay comes knocking at Wagah June 25 - Jun 22, 2010
- President Patil leaves Britain after three-day visit - Oct 29, 2009
- President Patil arrives in London - Oct 26, 2009
- India 'impressive' in Afghanistan: David Miliband - Oct 09, 2009
- Patil to bring back Gandhi items from London - Oct 23, 2009
- Indian community in US celebrates R-day - Jan 27, 2012
- Patil meets British PM Gordon Brown - Oct 29, 2009
- President Pratibha Patil leaves for UK, Cyprus tour - Oct 26, 2009
- Queen applauds 'wonderful end' to Patil's Britain visit - Nov 07, 2009
- Queen's Baton reaches Commonwealth Games Village - Oct 02, 2010
- India handed over Commonwealth Games baton in London - Oct 29, 2009
Tags: 10 downing street, british prime minister, british prime minister gordon brown, buckingham palace, commonwealth games, gordon brown, indian high commission, indian high commissioner, indian origin, industrialists, launch, mahatma gandhi, minister of state, president pratibha patil, prime minister gordon brown, purandeswari, queen elizabeth, rajendra prasad, situation in pakistan, strategic partnership