President Pratibha Patil hosts “At Home” on 61st Republic DayJanuary 26th, 2010 - 10:12 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan.26 (ANI): President Pratibha Devisingh Patil hosted the customary “At Home” on the occasion of 61st Republic Day on Tuesday evening in the sprawling lawns of Rashtrapati Bhavan here.
South Korean President Lee Myung-bak and his wife Kim Yoon attended the function.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his wife Gursharan Kaur, Defence Minister A.K.Antony, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, Minister for Power Sushil Kumar Shinde, and Minister for Agriculture Sharad Pawar were present on this occasion.
Vice President Hamid Ansari and his wife Salma Ansari, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar, and the Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha and BJP leader Sushma Swaraj were also present on this occasion.
United Progressive Alliance Chairperson and Congress party President Sonia Gandhi were among the distinguished guests who were present on this occasion.
Chief Justice of India K.G.Balakrishnan was also present on this occasion.
Delhi Chief Ministers Sheila Dikshit and Orissa CM Naveen Patnaik also attended the “At Home” here.
Chief Election Commissioner Navin Chawla was also present on this occasion.
It was a gathering of about 400-500 people, which included various diplomats and other important personalities, representing various foreign countries and offices at the function. (ANI)
- South Korean President to arrive in New Delhi on Sunday - Jan 22, 2010
- South Korean President Lee Myung-bak arrives on a four-day State visit - Jan 24, 2010
- President Patil hosts "At Home" on 63rd I-Day at Rashtrapati Bhavan - Aug 15, 2009
- South Korean President to be Republic Day 2010 chief guest - Jan 15, 2010
- Gursharan Kaur attends dinner hosted by South Korea's first lady - Mar 26, 2012
- PM returns after Seoul visit - Mar 28, 2012
- Sonia witnesses Beating Retreat - Jan 29, 2011
- Several politicians at CWG closing ceremony - Oct 15, 2010
- PM, vice president attend prayer meet at Gandhi Smriti - Jan 30, 2011
- PM meets Ansari on Eid - Aug 20, 2012
- President hosts "At Home" on Quit India movement's 67th anniversary - Aug 09, 2009
- Tagore's bronze bust unveiled in South Korea - May 19, 2011
- Kalam releases book on President Patil - Dec 20, 2010
- Congress leaders attend Shahnawaz Hussain's iftar - Aug 18, 2012
- Manmohan in Hanoi for ASEAN, East Asia summits (Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
Tags: bjp leader, chief election commissioner, chief justice of india, congress party president, Lok Sabha, manmohan singh, meira kumar, naveen patnaik, navin chawla, orissa cm, president pratibha patil, prime minister manmohan singh, progressive alliance, sharad pawar, sheila dikshit, sonia gandhi, south korean president, sushil kumar, sushil kumar shinde, sushma swaraj