President, PM greet nation on DiwaliOctober 27th, 2008 - 2:33 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 27 (ANI): President Pratibha Patil and Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh greeted the nation on the joyous occasion of Diwali.
In her message, the President said, “On the occasion of Diwali, I convey my warm greetings and good wishes to my fellow citizens.
“May this year’’s festival bring peace, prosperity and communal harmony amongst the people, as well as remove ignorance and light the lamp of knowledge amongst us all,” Patil added.
In his separate message, Dr. Singh said, “Diwali is an important occasion for promoting brotherhood and fellow feeling among all sections of the people. The festival celebrates the victory of good over evil and reflects the true spirit of our composite culture. It also heralds the approach of winter and the beginning of the sowing season.
“May this festival of light bring joy, happiness, peace and prosperity, to our people”, Dr. Singh added.
The day commemorates the homecoming of Lord Ram after a 14-year exile in forest. The people of Ayodhya welcomed him back by lighting rows of lamps.
The festival, which signifies victory of good over the evil, comes exactly twenty days after Dussehra. (ANI)
- President, PM greet nation on Diwali - Oct 25, 2011
- Diwali being celebrated with traditional fervour and zeal across India - Nov 05, 2010
- President, PM greet nation on Dussehra, Durga Puja - Oct 05, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Diwali - Nov 04, 2010
- President, VP, PM greet nation on Diwali - Oct 16, 2009
- Dussehra greetings to all Indians from President Pratibha Patil - Oct 16, 2010
- President Patil, Vice President Ansari greet nation on Deepawali - Nov 04, 2010
- Dussehra being celebrated throughout India - Oct 17, 2010
- President, PM greet nation on Onam - Sep 08, 2011
- President, PM greet people on Diwali (Lead) - Oct 16, 2009
- President Patil, Prime Minister Singh greet the nation on Diwali eve - Oct 16, 2009
- President greets nation on Dussehra - Oct 16, 2010
- President, PM greet nation on Milad-un-Nabi (Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- President greets people on Gudi Padwa, Navreh - Apr 03, 2011
- Tibetan PM-in-exile wishes Indians on occasion of Diwali - Nov 05, 2010
Tags: brotherhood, communal harmony, composite culture, diwali, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, exile, fellow feeling, good over evil, homecoming, joyous occasion, lamp of knowledge, lord ram, manmohan, manmohan singh, president pratibha patil, prosperity, true spirit, twenty days, warm greetings