President, PM greet nation ahead of Id-ul-FitrOctober 1st, 2008 - 12:59 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 1 (ANI): President Pratibha Patil and Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh today greeted the nation ahead of the occasion of Id-ul-Fitr, which will be celebrated on Thursday.
In her message, President Patil said, “I take great pleasure in extending my greetings and good wishes to all fellow citizens. This festival brings joy and happiness to all and especially to those who have observed fasting during the holy month of Ramzan.”
“May this year’’s festival inspire all of us to strengthen the principles of friendship and mutual goodwill among our people. Let us on this day of festivity re-dedicate ourselves to come forward in the service of the poor and the needy,” the President added.
Dr. Singh said that Id-ul-Fitr symbolises compassion, brotherhood and the spirit of sharing.
“May this festival strengthen our resolve to spread peace, harmony and mutual tolerance among the people of our country,” Dr. Singh added.
Id ul-Fitr marks the end of Ramadan, the holy month of fasting. (ANI)
- President Patil, Vice President Ansari greet people on Id-ul-Fitr - Sep 10, 2010
- President, prime minister greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 30, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- Vice President greets people on Id-ul-Fitr - Sep 20, 2009
- President Mukherjee greets nation on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- Prime Minister greets nation on Id-ul-Fitr - Sep 20, 2009
- Iranian supreme leader pardons over 1,200 prisoners - Aug 29, 2011
- Obama sends out Eid-ul-Fitr greetings to Muslims - Sep 10, 2010
- Id-ul Zuha celebrated across India today - Nov 17, 2010
- PM greets nation on Eid - Sep 20, 2009
- Tomorrow is Eid ul-Fitr - Aug 30, 2011
- Dikshit greets people on Eid eve - Sep 10, 2010
- President greets nation on Id-ul-Fitr, Gandhi Jayanti - Oct 01, 2008
- UAE moon sighting committee to meet Aug 29 - Aug 23, 2011
- Assam celebrates Eid with fervour - Aug 31, 2011
Tags: brotherhood, compassion, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, festivity, goodwill, greetings, harmony, id ul fitr, joy and happiness, manmohan, manmohan singh, month of ramzan, mutual tolerance, New Delhi, pleasure, president pratibha patil, prime minister, ramadan, resolve