President Patil visits PM Manmohan Singh at AIIMSJanuary 28th, 2009 - 2:40 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 28 (ANI): President Pratibha Patil today visited the All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) to enquire about the health of Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh, who is recuperating after a coronary by-pass surgery.
According to sources, President Patil spent nearly 20 minutes with the Prime Minister’’s family at the hospital.
Meanwhile, Dr. Singh has been shifted out of Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
Dr. Singh was moved out of the ICU. All his monitoring devices have been removed and he has been shifted to an adjacent room,” sources added.
The decision to shift him out of the ICU was taken by a team of doctors, which included his personal physician, Dr K S Reddy and repeat by-pass surgeon Dr Ramakant Panda from Mumbai’’s Asian Heart Institute (AHI).
Dr. Singh, who underwent coronary bypass surgery last Saturday, walked in his room on Tuesday and was put on a normal diet.
The Prime Minister’’s media advisor Deepak Sandhu had said that Dr. Singh has been steadily making progress in his post-operative period and was being supported by a team of cardiac rehabilitation and physio-therapy experts at the AIIMS. (ANI)
- Prime Minister shifted out of Intensive Care Unit at AIIMS - Jan 28, 2009
- President Patil visits AIIMS for PM Manmohan Singh - Jan 28, 2009
- Manmohan Singh to return home soon - Jan 31, 2009
- Mumbai heart hospital ranked safest in world - Jun 08, 2012
- Six months after double bypass, Gogoi 'hale and hearty' (With Image) - Feb 04, 2012
- PM walks around, to be discharged 'within a few days' (Lead) - Jan 29, 2009
- PM continuing to recuperate steadily - Jan 29, 2009
- PM has breakfast with family at AIIMS (Lead) - Jan 27, 2009
- Surgery on Prime Minister successful: PMO spokesperson - Jan 24, 2009
- Gogoi to undergo heart surgeries in Mumbai (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 30, 2010
- Mumbai hospital gets advanced surgical robot (With Images) - Jul 07, 2011
- Vijay Amritraj inspires brave-hearts of Mumbai Marathon - Jan 14, 2012
- Manmohan Singh to pay obeisance at Golden Temple today - Mar 23, 2009
- Man gets new life after first-of-kind surgery (Lead) (With Images) - Mar 31, 2010
- PM stable and recovering: doctors - Jan 25, 2009
Tags: aiims new delhi, cardiac rehabilitation, coronary bypass surgery, deepak, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, heart institute, india institute, intensive care unit, jan 28, last saturday, manmohan, manmohan singh, medical science, personal physician, physio therapy, president pratibha patil, ramakant, s media, sandhu