President Patil urges international community to fight terrorism jointlyNovember 29th, 2008 - 5:51 pm ICT by ANI
Bali, Nov 29 (ANI): Visiting Indian President Pratibha Devisingh Patil on Saturday called upon the international community to fight terrorism relentlessly and jointly.
Patil who arrived in Indonesia for a five-day visit on Friday, urged the international community to join hands against terrorism.
Act of terrorism is high on the agenda of international communities and we must jointly and relentlessly fight against terrorism. This is what is needed and I think that good sense will prevail in all the people, Patil told reporters.
Patils comment came as National Security Guards (NSG) commandos eliminated the last gunmen holed up at Mumbai’’s Taj Mahal hotel on Saturday, ending a three-day battle that killed over 150 people.
Patil further added that terrorism is a global phenomenon and hoped that sense of humanity and mankind prevails in all.
Bali has also faced an act of terrorism in the past where we are today and it is all the right thinking people and people of good sense who have the sense of humanity and mankind, Patil added.
Patil also visited the 17th century Taman Ayun Temple in the predominantly Hindu island of Bali and offered prayers for world peace.
I have prayed that good sense prevails in all the people so that such acts of terrorism do not occur again. It is necessary to have harmony and peace. Terrorism, acts of jealousy and hatred are not going to do good to anybody, Patil said.
Patil will spend the weekend in Bali before meeting her Indonesian counterpart Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono in Jakarta on Monday.
Patil offered rituals in a traditionally Ballian way with folk dances by Ballian girls and boys. She also planted a sapling of Mango Stein at the temple, of Nirankar Brahma.
Patil is to promote ties with a country that is an important member of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and with which it shares strong historical ties. (ANI)
- Yudhoyono - a thinking general who is a good administrator - Jan 24, 2011
- PM in Bali, wants stronger ties with ASEAN, Singapore - Nov 17, 2011
- India, Indonesia sign extradition treaty, 10 other pacts (Lead) - Jan 25, 2011
- India, Indonesia sign extradition treaty, seal $15 billion deals (Second Lead) - Jan 25, 2011
- China, Indonesia vow to boost ties - Mar 24, 2012
- India, Indonesia upbeat on $25 bn trade by 2015 - Jul 27, 2012
- India, Indonesia to enhance bilateral cooperation in combating terrorism - Jan 25, 2011
- India, Indonesia sign 11 agreements - Jan 25, 2011
- ASEAN Summit begins in Indonesia - Nov 17, 2011
- ASEAN pledges to cooperate against terrorism - May 09, 2011
- Indonesia, China reach $17 billion cooperation deals - Mar 24, 2012
- Bali bombmaker dead, confirms Indonesian president - Mar 10, 2010
- India, Indonesia sign double tax avoidance pact, set $25 bn trade target (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- GVK to develop two airports in Indonesia - Jan 25, 2011
- Thai PM to be chief guest on India's Republic Day - Dec 02, 2011
Tags: acts of terrorism, asean, association of southeast asian nations, brahma, folk dances, girls and boys, global phenomenon, good sense, indian president, international communities, island of bali, mumbai terror attack, nsg commandos, pratibha devisingh patil, right thinking, sapling, southeast asian nations, susilo bambang yudhoyono, taj mahal hotel, terrorism act, world peace