President Patil to leave for Jaipur todayNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:58 am ICT by admin
This will be the President’s first visit to Rajasthan since she was sworn-in in July this year. Patil was the Governor of Rajasthan before she was elected as the President of India.
She will return to New Delhi on Monday evening, a President’s Secretariat release said.
The Conference is in the series of conferences held every two years since 1985, under the aegis of the International Lake Environment Committee (ILEC) Foundation (Japan).
The 12th edition of the Conference has been named as Taal 2007 (Taal is common Indian term for lakes).
A special logo has been adopted for the Conference. The logo represents natural lakes in the Himalayan belt and other hilly regions of the country. It depicts their recreational and spiritual cultural significance in Indian society.
The ’shikara’ (boat) in the logo reflects also their value for tourism and livelihoods. Further, the leaves of ‘chinar’ symbolize the natural vegetated catchments, so essential for maintaining high water quality in the lakes. (ANI)
- President to inaugurate World Lake Conference - Nov 14, 2007
- Patil urges Manipuris to maintain harmony for nation's progress - Mar 11, 2011
- Pranab to be sworn in president at 11.30 a.m. on Wednesday - Jul 22, 2012
- Youths must be sensitised about environment: President - May 30, 2012
- President arrives in Kerala on three-day visit - Aug 29, 2011
- Over 1,500 delegates to attend Indian diaspora conclave in 2012 - Aug 26, 2011
- 'I have not said anything with a motive to insulting President' : sacked Rajasthan Minister - Feb 10, 2011
- President to witness Indian Army exercise - Nov 28, 2011
- Annual diaspora meet begins in Jaipur Saturday - Jan 05, 2012
- President to inaugurate civil aviation conference in Mumbai - Oct 14, 2011
- Jharkhand to invite president for National Games' opening - Jan 13, 2011
- President Patil leaves on five-day state visit to Mauritius today - Apr 24, 2011
- Fiery chinar leaves lend magic to Kashmir (Feature) - Nov 03, 2011
- Trinidad and Tobago PM chief guest at Pravasi Bharatiya Divas - Oct 27, 2011
- Kapadia takes over as new Chief Justice of India - May 12, 2010
Tags: aegis, environment committee, high water, hilly regions, himalayan, ilec, international lake, jaipur, lake environment, natural lakes, patil, president of india, rajasthan, shikara, south asian region, taal, water quality