President Patil to launch a national portal for teachersSeptember 5th, 2008 - 9:02 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sept 5 (ANI): President Pratibha Patil will launch a national portal for teachers here today on the occasion of Teachers” Day.
The primary purposes of the portal by the National Knowledge Commission in partnership with the Azim Premji Foundation is to build knowledge, share knowledge and create a vibrant network of teachers.
One of the important ideas articulated by the National Curriculum Framework-2005 is that the school curriculum should be an inclusive space that extends beyond the conventional curricular realm of textbooks into the realm of teaching-learning processes that enables children to participate in their own learning and provides the teacher with the opportunity to plan according to the pace and context of the learner.
The objectives of the portal are to provide a forum for sharing and interaction for teachers outside the formal training environment and to support the development of a knowledge community amongst teachers.
It is a forum to share best practices and to support the creation of a body of knowledge to motivate teachers to access, apply and add value to existing knowledge.
Another objective is to strengthen initiatives on teacher development and to make help available for professional development of teachers. (ANI)
- Azim Premji Foundation re-launches teachers portal - Sep 05, 2012
- UAE signs pact with Indian university - Dec 09, 2011
- Premji Foundation to open school of education in Hyderabad - Apr 07, 2011
- Billionaire philanthropists to focus on societal development - Jun 02, 2012
- IGNOU award for Azim Premji Foundation - Sep 28, 2011
- CBSE launches curriculum for schools abroad - May 26, 2010
- Vice President Ansari stresses on "quality agenda" in education - Jan 14, 2011
- Ex-Wiproite named Azim Premji varsity VC - Mar 22, 2011
- Two Indian publishers win $5.9 mn Ethiopian contracts - Jan 04, 2012
- Digital textbooks enter US varsity - Feb 28, 2012
- Kerala's ICT textbook to teach audio, video technology - Feb 21, 2011
- Premji selling Wipro shares worth Rs.1,530 crore to fund education - Mar 12, 2012
- Iraqi delegation in Bangalore to study e-governance projects - Apr 21, 2011
- IGNOU to have centre for the deaf - Oct 02, 2011
- IGNOU to empower the less privileged - Aug 05, 2011