President Patil to enter Guinness Book by flying fighter jetNovember 17th, 2009 - 8:21 pm ICT by ANI
By Praful Kumar Singh
New Delhi, Nov 17 (ANI): President Pratibha Devisingh Patil is all set to enter Guinness Book of world records on November 25 by becoming the first lady president to fly a fighter jet.
The President will fly on the fourth-generation twin-seater Sukhoi-30MKI at the Lohegaon airbase in Pune on November 25.
“We all should be proud that it will be a record in the world that a lady president will fly the latest technology aircraft…I think we all Indians should be proud of that why to talk of the Indian Air Force. India has created many firsts and this is the another first and it also shows women empowerment,” said Air Marshal PK Barbora, Vice Chief of the Air Staff.
The Vice Chief of the Indian Air Force said on Tuesday that President Patil has been declared fully fit for the flight and no modifications have been done for her on the aircraft.
“She is fully fit lady and fully capable of doing it…we have briefed her in totality, we have shown her photographs, we have also shown her video as to how to get in, how the cockpit looks like. There is no special arrangement, she has been fitted out with the full ‘Kit’ that’s the pilot wears,” Air Marshal Barbora said.
He further said that being the Supreme Commander of the armed forces, it is a matter of pride for the IAF that President Patil will be flying on Sukhoi-30MKI.
The flight duration will be of 30 minutes and Wing Commander S. Sajan will fly fighter aircraft.
The IAF will take all care to ensure Patil is comfortable in the cockpit, with pilot sticking to a simple cruising flight of around Mach 0.9 (around 900 kmph), Air Marshal Barbora said.
The President will be going to the Lohegaon airbase in Pune as part of her customary visit. (ANI)
- Where presidents dare: Pratibha Patil to fly in fighter jet - Nov 17, 2009
- Patil first Indian president to ride battle tank - Dec 05, 2011
- President to fly in Sukhoi Nov 25 - Nov 10, 2009
- Crash-hit Sukhois get Indian Air Force chief's thumbs up - Dec 21, 2011
- President fit to fly in Sukhoi: IAF - Nov 13, 2009
- President Patil flies in Sukhoi in a special G-Suit - Nov 25, 2009
- President Patil flies in a fighter jet (Roundup) - Nov 25, 2009
- Indian Air Force open to Dhoni flying Sukhoi-30MKI - Apr 04, 2011
- President trades sari for G-suit, flies in fighter jet (IntroRoundup) - Nov 25, 2009
- President Patil completes historic Sukhoi sortie (Second Lead) - Nov 25, 2009
- President set to make history in Sukhoi sortie Wednesday - Nov 24, 2009
- Tendulkar, Dhoni to fly in Sukhoi combat jets - Jun 30, 2011
- President Patil makes history by flying in a Sukhoi (Lead) - Nov 25, 2009
- President Pratibha Patil to fly IAF's fighter jet - Nov 25, 2009
- President Patil elated with flight in fighter jet (Third Lead) - Nov 25, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,