President Patil to confer Sangeet Natak Akademi awards on Feb. 26February 22nd, 2008 - 7:47 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 22 (ANI): President Pratibha Devisingh Patil will confer the prestigious Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowship and Akademi Awards for 2007 at a special ceremony on February 26.
The Akademi Fellowship (Akademi Ratna) and Akademi Awards (Akademi Puraskar) are recognised as the highest national honour conferred on practicing artists, gurus and scholars and have come to stay as the most coveted honour which the artistes aspire to.
Past recipients of Akademi Fellowship and Awards, include eminent personalities such as Alauddin Khan, Hafiz Ali Khan, Ariyakudi Ramanuja Iyenga, Omkar Nath Thakur, T. Balasaraswati, Rukmini Devi Arundale, Kelucharan Mohapatra, Sachin Deb Burman, Satyajit Ray, Sombhu Mitra, P.L. Deshpande, C.C. Mehta, Mohan Rakesh, B.V. Karanth.
This year the most coveted honour of Akademi Fellowship (Akademi Ratna) will be conferred on eminent scholar and Professor of aesthetics, Dr. S.K. Saxena. He will receive purse money of Rs. one lakh, besides a citation, an angavastram and a tamrapatra.
Thirty-three eminent persons will be conferred the Akademi Awards for the year 2007 carrying purse money of Rs. 50,000, citation, angavastram and tamrapatra.
One of the important activities of the Akademi has been to give recognition and honours to artistes for setting standards in performing arts and restoring the art and artists to their rightful place in the country. (ANI)
- Sangeet Akademi presentation on Tuesday - Jul 13, 2009
- Sangeet Akademi presentation today - Jul 14, 2009
- Leela Samson is Sangeet Natak Akademi chairperson - Aug 11, 2010
- Vocalist Girija Devi conferred Sangeet Natak Akademi fellowship - Jul 22, 2011
- Sitara Devi, Bhupen Hazarika presented Sangeet Natak Akademi awards - Jul 14, 2009
- Two get Khel Ratna, 25 Arjuna Award - Aug 19, 2012
- Jasraj, Lagoo, Amonkar get Sangeet Natak Akademi awards - Sep 28, 2010
- Delhi government honours Amjad Ali Khan, Ruskin Bond, Girija Devi - Jun 22, 2012
- India's rich cultural canvas forms an important part of global cultural heritage: President Patil - Sep 28, 2010
- Maharashtra's 'Lata Mangeshkar Award' for composer Anandji - Aug 30, 2012
- 33 young artists honoured with Akademi award - Mar 07, 2012
- Vijay, Yogeshwar honoured with Khel Ratna; 25 get Arjuna - Aug 29, 2012
- Ansari to confer 'Life Time' awards on four photo journalists - Aug 18, 2010
- Tamil Nadu Government To Honour Illayaraaja With M.S. Subbulakshmi Award - Jan 19, 2011
- Now a Ratna award for Bengal bureaucrats - Apr 21, 2012
Tags: ali khan, ariyakudi, balasaraswati, burman, c mehta, eminent personalities, eminent persons, eminent scholar, hafiz ali, kelucharan mohapatra, mohan rakesh, national honour, omkar, p l deshpande, purse money, ramanuja, ratna, rs one, rukmini devi arundale, satyajit ray