President Patil releases special postage stamp on GAILs Silver JubileeNovember 19th, 2008 - 6:53 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov 19 (ANI): President Pratibha Devisingh Patil on Wednesday released a special commemorative postage stamp on GAIL to mark the Silver Jubilee Year of the company.
Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas Murli Deora, Minister of Communications and IT A. Raja, Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dinsha Patel, Petroleum Secretary R.S. Pandey and CMD GAIL U.D. Choubey were present on the occasion along with other senior officers of the Petroleum Ministry and GAIL.
Speaking on the occasion, Deora commended GAIL for its significant contribution to the national economy since formation in 1984 by supplying natural gas through its pipeline network of over 6,700 kilometre for power sector, fertilizer plants, CNG vehicle.
Recalling the faith reposed by Indira Gandhi in our PSUs, Deora underlined that all of us are reaping the fruits of seeds sown by her. He described oil PSUs as symbols of commanding heights achieved by them not only through their presence all over India but also in their footprints around the world.
The Minister reminded that GAIL enabled the use of natural gas as a new energy resource in the country, which was earlier being flared in the offshore fields of Bombay High.
He, further, pointed out that GAIL has the distinction of pioneering the clean fuel revolution for transport sector with the introduction of CNG in Delhi and Mumbai.
Deora informed that GAIL has reflected 79 per cent growth in net profits in the last quarter at a juncture when global economies are facing slow down. This is highest amongst all the companies in India as well as worldwide, he added.
Raja also complimented GAIL for its important contribution to the development of the country while stating that the release of postage stamp is a rare honour to a corporate entity.
In his address Patel appreciated GAIL for its role in the development of natural gas sector in India.
Dr. Choubey said, Its indeed and an honour for GAIL to have received the recognition by the Postal Department. The occasion was a historical event for the whole GAIL family. He further reiterated his commitment to take the company forward and to make it a Rs. 50000 crore entity in the next two years. (ANI)
- India keen to invest in Sudan's oil projects - Oct 30, 2010
- GAIL, PEC get awards for most efficient state-run firms - Apr 22, 2011
- Essar Oil in pact with IGL for NCR CNG retailing - Mar 09, 2012
- Agartala to go green with CNG for vehicles, PNG for houses - Sep 14, 2011
- India seeks higher crude oil supplies from Angola - Oct 31, 2010
- India holds bilateral talks with Nigeria, Sri Lanka, Canada - Nov 03, 2010
- Nod for Kolkata gas distribution MoU - Oct 20, 2011
- India, Angola to speed up petroleum sector cooperation - Oct 31, 2010
- CNG prices raised up to Rs.2 a kg in NCR (Lead) - Dec 30, 2011
- India keen to invest more in Sudan's oil sector - Oct 30, 2010
- IGL stock rallies 29 percent on high court order - Jun 01, 2012
- Petroleum Ministry to reward and Indian sportsperson for winning medal in 2010 CWG - Oct 03, 2010
- Energy security essential for India's double digit growth: Pranab Mukherjee - Nov 03, 2010
- Court quashes regulatory board's order on CNG - Jun 01, 2012
- Murli Deora flags off walkathon for 'Petrotech 2010' in New Delhi - Oct 24, 2010
Tags: bombay high, commanding heights, companies in india, corporate entity, energy resource, fertilizer plants, global economies, indira gandhi, national economy, natural gas sector, net profits, offshore fields, oil psus, petroleum ministry, pipeline network, postage stamp, power sector, rare honour, silver jubilee, union minister