President Patil leaves on a 10-day visit to Vietnam, Indonesia on MondayNovember 23rd, 2008 - 2:01 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov 23 (ANI): President Pratibha Devisingh Patil leaves on a 10-day visit to Vietnam and Indonesia on Monday to expand bilateral ties with ASEAN neighbours.
President Patils high high-level visit is expected to give a fresh impetus to bilateral relations covering areas like political, economic and cultural ties with these countries.
This visit essentially reaffirms Indias commitment to enhance our engagement with these countries, our close friends within ASEAN fraternity. It is part of our Look East policy initiative, said N Ravi, Secretary (East) in the Ministry of External Affairs.
The visit would also give India an opportunity to assess the present state of relations in all facets, besides enhancing ties in trade and investment, Ravi said.
Patil, who will be leaving for Ho Chi Minh City on Monday, will have meetings with her Vietnamese counterpart Nguyen Minh Triet and Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung, reviewing bilateral relations between the two countries.
During her four-day stay in Vietnam, which would also take her to Hanoi, the President would attend a business meeting being organised by FICCI and the Vietnam Chambers of Commerce. (ANI)
- India to help Vietnam enhance, upgrade its armed forces - Oct 13, 2010
- With China on mind, Krishna heads to Vietnam - Sep 13, 2011
- PM meets Clinton, three prime ministers - Oct 30, 2010
- Vietnam, India mark 40th anniversary of diplomatic relations - Jan 05, 2012
- Indian commerce minister meets Vietnamese PM - Mar 08, 2012
- Vietnamese president in India to expand strategic ties - Oct 11, 2011
- India, Vietnam plan joint army training - Oct 13, 2010
- President leaves for Vietnam, Indonesia - Nov 24, 2008
- President Patil leaves for Vietnam, Indonesia - Nov 24, 2008
- India, Vietnam to increase defence, security cooperation - Sep 16, 2011
- Myanmar seeks collaboration with Indian business houses - Dec 20, 2011
- With China looking on, India to host Vietnamese, Myanmarese leaders - Oct 10, 2011
- A first in 15 years: Indian Army chief to visit Vietnam (Lead) - Jul 21, 2010
- 16th ASEAN summit opens in Hanoi - Apr 08, 2010
- Vietnam president praises India's economic, technical help - Jul 18, 2012
Tags: asean, bilateral relations, bilateral ties, business meeting, chambers of commerce, chi minh city, close friends, counterpart, facets, ficci, hanoi, ho chi minh, ho chi minh city, impetus, ministry of external affairs, neighbours, nguyen minh triet, nguyen tan dung, policy initiative, ravi