President Patil inaugurates exhibition of innovations at UdyanotsavMarch 14th, 2011 - 10:37 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 14 (ANI): President Pratibha Devisingh Patil inaugurated the exhibition of innovations at the ongoing Udyanotsav at the Rashtrapati Bhavan here on Monday.
Visitors coming for a tour of the Mughal Gardens during the Udyanotsav can also visit the exhibition on March 15 and 16, the last two days of the public viewing of the gardens.
This exhibition, which is being held for the second year at Rashtrapati Bhavan, features 45 stalls showcasing 32 innovations by rural persons. This year’s focus is the North-East, with Manipur having six stalls.
The exhibition is part of the National Innovation Foundation, Ahmedabad under the Government of India’s, Department of Science and Technology, to search out for innovators in the country’s rural areas.
The exhibition has been hosted at Rashtrapati Bhavan since 2010, as the President wished to give grassroots innovators, a platform and recognition for their efforts for using technology for the benefit of the citizens living in all parts of the country.
The exhibition features such innovations as: the hand operated water lifting device, bullock operated sprayer, compost aerator and leaf pruner, manual milking machine, bamboo lathe machine, solar mosquito destroyer, automatic food making machine and different varieties of agricultural produce.
Tripura Governor Dr. D.Y. Patil was also present at the inauguration. (ANI)
- 'Exhibition of Innovations' in President's house - Mar 11, 2010
- Mughal Gardens opened to public - Feb 07, 2012
- Delhi's historic Mughal Gardens to remain closed Feb 15 - Feb 13, 2012
- Mughal Gardens unfold floral carpets, 120 rose varieties - Feb 09, 2012
- Record numbers visit Udyanotsav at Rashtrapati Bhawan - Mar 21, 2012
- Rashtrapati Bhavan's green initiative to get new logo - May 27, 2012
- Will bring together non-Congress parties on presidential candidate: BJP - May 24, 2012
- Manmohan Singh briefs President Patil on Lokpal Bill issue - Apr 08, 2011
- A crèche for Labourers' kids opens at President's Estate - Apr 10, 2010
- Jairam elevated to cabinet rank, gets rural development - Jul 12, 2011
- Obamas ceremonially welcomed to India (Lead) - Nov 08, 2010
- President Patil calls for using latest technology - Oct 29, 2010
- Obama gets ceremonial welcome at Rashtrapati Bhavan - Nov 08, 2010
- Rashtrapati Bhavan: Viceregal lodge to India's presidential abode - Jul 24, 2012
- President Patil meets children on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 24, 2010
Tags: ahmedabad, automatic food, compost aerator, department of science and technology, destroyer, government of india, inauguration, innovations, innovators, lathe machine, manipur, milking machine, mosquito, mughal gardens, national innovation, public viewing, rashtrapati bhavan, rural areas, science and technology, using technology