President Patil condemns Assam serial blastsOctober 30th, 2008 - 7:04 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 30 (ANI): President Pratibha Patil today condemned the series of bomb blasts that took place in Assam in which at least 26 people are feared dead and over 100 injured.
In her message, Patil said, “Such acts are condemnable and there is no place for violence in our society. At this moment all of us should stand united against divisive forces in the country.
At least four blasts were reported from Guwahati and five in Kokrajhar District.
According to official sources, one of the blasts took place in front of the Kamrup district Deputy Commissioner’’s office in Guwahati. Two other bombs exploded at Ganeshguri and Fancy Bazaar areas. Another blast took place in Barpeta district and two explosions occurred in Bongaigaon area.
The death toll is expected to go up. (ANI)
- 11 feared dead, 50 injured in Assam serial blasts - Oct 30, 2008
- Centre seeks report on Assam serial blasts - Oct 30, 2008
- ULFA may be behind serial blasts says Assam Government - Oct 30, 2008
- Assam toll now 19, shoot at sight orders in Kokrajhar (Third Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Assam toll now 19, shoot at sight orders in Kokrajhar (Second Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Blast injures two in Assam (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- 64 killed, over 300 injured in Assam terror bombings (Night Lead) - Oct 31, 2008
- 61 killed as terror strikes with deadly accuracy in Assam (Roundup) - Oct 30, 2008
- Don't spare Assam's Kasab, say victims of 2008 blasts - Oct 29, 2010
- Assam toll rises to 14, army called in (Third Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Choreographed bombings across Assam kill at least 30 (Third Lead) - Oct 30, 2008
- Manmohan Singh to visit blast affected areas of Assam - Nov 01, 2008
- 48 killed, 300 injured in Assam serial blasts (Fourth Lead) - Oct 30, 2008
- Eight killed in Assam floods - Jun 21, 2012
- Shivraj Patil assures help to Assam government to punish perpetrators of blasts - Nov 01, 2008
Tags: acts, assam, bazaar, bomb blasts, bombs, death toll, deputy commissioner, district deputy, divisive forces, explosions, four blasts, guwahati, New Delhi, president pratibha patil, serial blasts, violence in our society