President Patil asks companies to develop code of conductFebruary 12th, 2008 - 10:19 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 12 (ANI): President Pratibha Patil today asked companies to develop a self-imposed code of conduct in view that issues of corporate governance have taken centrestage as the industry grows.
Addressing a gathering at the presentation of Lakshmipat Singhania - IIM, Lucknow National Leadership Awards here, Patil said: “A set of principles voluntarily agreed to by the business world and corporate houses in India could be developed into a self-imposed code of conduct.”
She also said corruption needs to be uprooted from India.
“The business world can play an important role in this endeavour,” she added.
Bharti Group Chairman Sunil Bharti Mittal, Atomic Energy Commission head Anil Kakodkar and Akshay Pratishthan Founder Aruna Dalmia received this year’s award in the fields of business, Science and Technology, and community service respectively.
The Young Leader award was given to Subhiksha MD R Subramanian, scientist Atish Dabholkar and National Association for Blind Director Dipendra Manocha. (ANI)
- President Patil releases commemorative postage stamp on pioneer industrialist Singhania - Dec 01, 2010
- Kakodkar chosen for Maharashtra Bhushan Award - Apr 26, 2012
- He fought darkness to give reading solutions for blind (Feature, With images) - Aug 20, 2012
- Welfare measures should reach the needy: President Patil - Mar 12, 2012
- Sahaja Yoga confers good health, busts stress: Australian study - Jun 12, 2012
- Individuals, groups working to empower the disabled awarded - Aug 14, 2012
- IIM-Calcutta to tap corporates for funds - Sep 23, 2011
- Singhania, Mittal take over top posts in ICC India - Mar 25, 2012
- Environment good for boosting India-Pakistan trade: Gilani - Feb 16, 2012
- Rajan Bharti Mittal is new FICCI president - Feb 27, 2010
- President mourns Husain's death - Jun 09, 2011
- MQM to contest elections in Pakistani Kashmir - Jun 07, 2011
- For daughters, corporate shoes of father pinch sharper - Sep 22, 2011
- V.N. Dalmia named to Darden School Foundation Board of Trustees - Jul 08, 2010
- Nawaz Sharif a liar, says Musharraf - Jun 25, 2011
Tags: atomic energy commission, business science, business world, code of conduct, corporate governance, corporate houses, corruption, endeavour, group chairman, leader award, leadership awards, national leadership, New Delhi, president pratibha patil, science and technology, scientist, singhania, subramanian, sunil, young leader