President greets nation ahead of Bihu, Naba Barsh and VishuApril 13th, 2009 - 6:49 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 13 (ANI): President Pratibha Patil today greeted the nation ahead of the festivals of Bihu, Naba Barsh and Vishu, which fall tomorrow.
In her message, she has said: “On the auspicious occasion of Rongali Bihu, Naba Barsh, Puthandu Pirappu, and Vishu, I extend my greetings and good wishes to all my countrymen.”
“These festivals celebrated in different parts of the country, denote the underlying unity of our rich and diverse culture and strengthen the pluralistic heritage of the nation. May the festivals bring peace, happiness and prosperity to all,” she added.
Bihu, the harvest festival of Assam, has an agricultural and seasonal background.
Naba Barsh is the celebration of Bengali New Year. It marks the first day of Baisakh- the first month of Bengali Calendar.
Vishu is a festival held in Kerala in South India. It is also considered as the harvest festival of Kerala. (ANI)
- India celebrates four festivals - Apr 14, 2009
- President, Vice President, PM greet nation on Vishu, Rongali Bihu - Apr 13, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on harvest festivals (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- New Year celebrations in India - Apr 14, 2009
- PM greets nation on Vaisakhi, Bihu - Apr 13, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Baisakhi (Lead) - Apr 13, 2010
- PM greets nation on Baisakhi, Vishu and Bihu - Apr 12, 2012
- President, PM greet nation on Onam - Sep 08, 2011
- President, vice-president greet nation on Baisakhi - Apr 13, 2010
- Politicos piggyback on Bengali new year bonhomie - Apr 14, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on 'Makar Sankranti', 'Pongal' (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Songs and dances mark Assamese new year - Apr 14, 2012
- President Pratibha Patil greets countrymen on Baisakhi - Apr 14, 2008
- President greets nation on Onam - Aug 28, 2012
- Northeast India celebrate "Bihu" to mark new harvest season - Apr 14, 2011
Tags: assam, auspicious occasion, barsh, bengali calendar, bengali new year, celebration, countrymen, festivals, greetings, happiness, harvest festival, kerala, naba, New Delhi, new year, president pratibha patil, prosperity, south india, unity, vishu