President assigns additional charge of Ministry of Finance to Pranab MukherjeeJanuary 24th, 2009 - 12:18 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan.24 (ANI): The President Pratibha Devisingh Patil has assigned the additional charge of the Ministry of Finance to External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee from January 24, 2009 onwards till the Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh recovers after undergoing medical treatment in New Delhis AIIMS hospital.
The President of India, as advised by the Prime Minister, has directed that Shri Pranab Mukherjee, Minister of External Affairs, is assigned the additional charge of Ministry of Finance from 24th January, 2009 until the recovery of the Prime Minister from medical treatment, said a Rashtrapati Bhavan communique on Friday evening.
Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh would be undergoing coronary artery bypass graft surgery at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) on Saturday (Jan.24).
A team of doctors drawn from AIIMS and the Asian Heart Institute, Mumbai would perform the surgery. They would be supported by a team of doctors and technical staff drawn from other departments of AIIMS.
Earlier this week, Dr. Singh underwent extensive medical tests at AIIMS. (ANI)
- Prime Minister to undergo treatment at AIIMS on Saturday - Jan 24, 2009
- Vayalar Ravi to handle Deshmukh's portfolio - Aug 10, 2012
- Manmohan Singh ''s heart surgery begins - Jan 24, 2009
- Manmohan Singh undergoing bypass surgery - Jan 24, 2009
- Chidambaram gets finance again, Shinde becomes home minister (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Brief profile of UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee - Jun 15, 2012
- Chidambaram new finance minister, Shinde gets home - Jul 31, 2012
- Prime Minister Dr. Singh recovering well - Jan 27, 2009
- Team Anna attacks Manmohan, Chidambaram and Pranab (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- PMO rejects Team Anna's 'loose' allegations against Manmohan - Jun 09, 2012
- Sri Lankan President arrives on three-day India visit - Jun 08, 2010
- Annual diaspora meet begins in Jaipur Saturday - Jan 05, 2012
- Team Anna charges Manmohan, Chidambaram, Pranab of corruption (Second Lead) - May 26, 2012
- PM meets Chidambaram, Pranab - Sep 29, 2011
- P.J. Thomas appointed Central Vigilance Commissioner - Sep 07, 2010
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, artery bypass graft surgery, bypass graft surgery, coronary artery bypass, coronary artery bypass graft, coronary artery bypass graft surgery, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, external affairs minister, external affairs minister pranab mukherjee, heart institute, india institute, manmohan, manmohan singh, medical tests, minister of external affairs, ministry of finance, pranab mukherjee, president of india