Presence in Cabinet, only time will show: Rahul GandhiMay 19th, 2009 - 4:50 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 19 (ANI): As the television studios discussed the possibility of Rahul Gandhi’s inclusion in the Cabinet, the man at the centre of it all said only time will show whether he would join the Ministry or work for the party.
“Only time will show,” Gandhi told reporters here.
His statement came after many Congress leaders, including Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, invited Rahul Gandhi to join the Cabinet.
On May 16, Singh had said that he would try to make Gandhi a part of the new cabinet.
“It’s always my wish to have Rahul Gandhi in my Cabinet, but now we’ll have to persuade him to join us,” Singh said.
He said the thumping win of the Congress was due to the untiring work that Sonia Gandhi and Rahul had done during all the five years of the UPA’s regime.
“Under the visionary leadership of Sonia Gandhi and the sustained hardwork by our youth leader Rahul Gandhi, we achieved the success,” Singh added. (ANI)
- "We'll try to persuade Rahul Gandhi to join the cabinet" says Manmohan - May 16, 2009
- Congress troika ensures sensational victory for UPA in 2009 polls - May 16, 2009
- Rahul Gandhi may be Congress working president soon - Nov 05, 2011
- Party or government for Rahul? Both, say Congress members - Aug 03, 2012
- I'll welcome Rahul's entry into government: PM (Second Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- RLD joins hands with Congress for Uttar Pradesh polls - Dec 11, 2011
- Sonia says only Rahul to decide on his larger role (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- I'll welcome Rahul's entry into government, says PM (Third Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- More Rahul men move into Manmohan Singh ministry - Jul 12, 2011
- Rahul gets 'proactive', will be Congress no. 2 (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi has no clear convergent thinking: BJP - Jul 10, 2012
- Rahul ready for bigger role, to be No 2 in party (Night Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- UPA-II high on economy, to combat Maoism, corruption (Night Lead) - May 22, 2012
- DMK downsizes, BSP boycotts UPA function (Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Sonia blames party weakness for debacle (Second Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
Tags: congress leaders, dr manmohan singh, hardwork, inclusion, manmohan, manmohan singh, new cabinet, New Delhi, presence, prime minister, rahul gandhi, regime, sonia gandhi, television studios, UPA, visionary leadership, youth leader