PREPAK cadre accused in November 16 Imphal blast case detainedDecember 10th, 2007 - 11:11 pm ICT by admin
Imphal, Dec 10 (ANI): A cadre of the People’s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK) has been detained by the Manipur police in connection with the November 16 bomb blast at a shop in Imphal in which one person was killed and several others were injured.
Clay Khongsai, Superintendent of Police, Imphal (West) disclosed about the detention of PREPAK cadre, Yumkham Naobi, here today.
According to him, police conducted a search operation in Sanathin area.
Naobi has confessed about his involvement in the bomb blast.
“On preliminary interrogation, he revealed that he was involved in the lobbing of bomb in the Videocon shop in Pauna Bazaa in Imphal on November 16,” said Khongsai.
He has also claimed that Sanatomba Singh, who was earlier gunned down during a combing operation, assisted him in carrying out the attack. (ANI)
- Manipuri militant nabbed - Feb 16, 2012
- Four nabbed for possessing arms cache in Manipur - May 02, 2010
- Arms seized in Manipur District - Feb 01, 2011
- Grenade blast hits Congress office in poll-bound Manipur - Jan 05, 2012
- Blast outside Manipur speaker's house, one killed (Second Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- One killed in Manipur blast (Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- Police commandos arrest two militants in Manipur - Apr 27, 2010
- PLA militant arrested in Imphal - Dec 29, 2010
- Goods train bombed, bus attacked in Assam ahead of R-Day - Jan 25, 2011
- Manipuris protest against bomb attacks - Jan 18, 2010
- Militant from Manipur outfit arrested in Guwahati - Mar 24, 2012
- Nine militants killed in Manipur encounters - Dec 24, 2009
- Eight rebels surrender in Manipur - Apr 03, 2011
- Tourism affected in Manipur as Loktak Lake becomes militancy hotbed - Jan 26, 2010
- Blast on poll-eve creates panic in Manipur - Jan 27, 2012