Pre-conditions on talks with Pakistan dangerous: Mufti SayeedApril 18th, 2009 - 9:14 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Apr 18 (ANI): Former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on Saturday termed pre-conditions for talks with Pakistan ‘dangerous’.
“The pre-conditions set by India that peace process would not be resumed till Pakistan hands over the Mumbai attack accused is dangerous for peace in the South Asia,” Mufti told reporters here.
Mufti also said that Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh’s stance was not in line with the statesmanship shown by former Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee while initiating the peace process in 2004.
“Vajpayee extended hand of friendship during the time of Parliament attack. So I have said to Manmohan Singh that friendship with Pakistan is mandatory. You can change your friend but you can’t change your neighbour,” Mufti added.
Mufti agreed while it was a fact that the Mumbai attacks had caused an understandable setback to the peace efforts, the challenge remained in bringing it back on track. (ANI)
- Manmohan-Zardari meet a good beginning: Mufti - Apr 08, 2012
- Evolve national consensus to solve Kashmir problem: Mufti - Jul 17, 2012
- PDP welcomes PM's Mohali invite to Pakistani leadership - Mar 26, 2011
- Mufti seeks national consensus on Kashmir - Jul 10, 2011
- Revocation of AFSPA inevitable: Mufti Sayeed - Nov 11, 2011
- PDP scripted new chapter in Kashmir's history: Mufti - Mar 25, 2012
- Mufti's call for government change in J&K; - May 26, 2012
- Yousuf's death has exposed rampant corruption in Kashmir: Mehbooba Mufti (Interview) - Oct 09, 2011
- Include people in Kashmir issue's resolution: PDP - Jul 09, 2011
- Kashmir not a problem of mere stone pelting: Mufti Sayeed - Jul 30, 2011
- Mufti demands hassle-free cross-LoC trade - May 22, 2012
- Mufti for resumption of India-Pakistan peace talks - Apr 09, 2009
- Mufti seeks boost for Kashmir economy - Dec 26, 2011
- Stop arresting suspected stone pelters: PDP - Feb 26, 2011
- Fast-track LOC trade, travel: Mufti Sayeed - Apr 06, 2012
Tags: chief minister, democratic party, dr manmohan singh, former prime minister, jammu, kashmir, manmohan, manmohan singh, mohammad, neighbour, pakistan, parliament, patron, peace efforts, peace process, sayeed, setback, South Asia, statesmanship, vajpayee