Prayers offered to Sai Baba on his Mahasamadhi DayNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:37 am ICT by admin
This day is celebrated with fervour in India and abroad. New Delhi being the main center of faith holds a special importance.
“The Mahasamadhi Day of Sai Baba is celebrated in a big way not only in Delhi but also in Shirdi, the birth place of Sai Baba, who attained samadhi (salvation) there on October 18, 1918,” said T K Ramaswamy, President, Shri Sai Bhakta Samaj.
According to legend, a nameless pauper took shelter in a mosque but never asked for food, or water and hardly spoke. Villagers took pity on the feeble and sparsely clothed man and donated fruits and clothes. But to their surprise the “Saint” shared the offerings with destitute and even animals.
Soon “Sai” and “Baba”, both words became synonymous with the saint’s name.
The saint, who is widely revered, preached his principle of love and faith irrespective of caste and creed.
It is believed that no devotee visiting the shrine of Sai Baba has ever returned empty handed. (ANI)
- 'Guru Purnima' celebrated all over India - Jul 07, 2009
- Sai Baba devotees celebrate Avataar declaration day - Oct 20, 2011
- Replica of Shirdi Sai Baba temple in Mumbai - Dec 14, 2011
- With Sai Baba gone, Puttaparthy faces uncertainty - Apr 28, 2011
- Shirdi trust moots action against 'duplicate' Sai temples - Nov 11, 2010
- Sai Baba's ashram resumes celebrating festivals - May 17, 2011
- 'Shirdi Sai' breath of fresh air (Telugu Movie Review) - Sep 06, 2012
- Sai Baba devotees offer prayers on first death anniversary - Apr 24, 2012
- Puttaparthi readies for Sai Baba's death anniversary - Apr 12, 2012
- Devotees celebrate "Guru Purnima" - Jul 18, 2008
- Animated film on Shirdi Sai Baba to spread love, brotherhood - Oct 17, 2011
- Sacred sandals of Shirdi Sai Baba travel to London - Aug 20, 2010
- Travelator to make Shirdi Sai Baba temple visit hassle-free - Nov 09, 2011
- Liquor offered at Muslim seer's shrine in Amritsar - Mar 25, 2011
- Sai Baba's birth anniversary celebrations begin - Nov 18, 2011