Prayers in Amritsar for Prime Minister Manmohan Singhs successJuly 21st, 2008 - 5:22 pm ICT by ANI
By Ravinder Singh Robin
Amritsar, July 21, 2008 (ANI): While various political leaders are putting up their best argumentative skills during the ongoing vote of confidence in the Indian Parliament in the national capital, religious prayers have been held here for Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh success.
Several Congress leaders attended the Ardas (prayer) ceremony along with their families at Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singhs brothers residence here.
The prayers were performed for continuation of Dr. Singh as prime minister after the United Progress Alliance Governments vote of confidence in the Parliament on July 22.
Surjit Singh Kohli, Dr.Manmohan Singhs brother, recited the holy verses from the Guru Granth Sahib, the holy scripture of Sikhs. He, later on, offered prayers.
Various organizations have been praying for Dr. Manmohan Singh so does we also Ardas (pray) the almighty for the success and completion of his full term as prime minister at the centre, said Kohli.
Dr. Manmohan Singh is not only the pride of Punjab, he is a world recognized Economist and we pray Waheguru showers upon him all his blessings and enables him to come successfully out of the crisis faced by his government,” said Narender Tinu, Senior Youth Congress leader. (ANI)
- Prime Minister's birthday marked with prayers, sweets distribution in Amritsar - Sep 26, 2010
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's birthday celebrated in Amritsar - Sep 26, 2009
- Sikh community offers final prayers for two Sikhs beheaded in Pakistan - Feb 27, 2010
- Badal holds prayers at Golden Temple for PM's health - Jan 26, 2009
- Manmohan Singh undergoing bypass surgery - Jan 24, 2009
- PM tells Zardari to pray for peace, tweets Sushma - Apr 08, 2012
- Manmohan Singh's remark meant for someone else: Arun Jaitley - Mar 25, 2011
- SGPGC's Sri Guru Granth Sahib university launched - Jul 25, 2011
- National leaders condole Dara Singh's death (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Tamil, Sikh communities celebrate New Year in Malaysia - Apr 15, 2011
- Government asks allies to ensure all MPs are present in parliament - Mar 13, 2012
- Saudi crown prince passes away in Geneva (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Discussion on cash-for-votes scam as important as Finance Bill: Jaitley - Mar 22, 2011
- Eid celebrated in Tamil Nadu - Sep 10, 2010
- Advani believes being PM is his birthright: Manmohan Singh - Mar 23, 2011
Tags: amritsar, congress leader, congress leaders, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, guru granth sahib, holy scripture, holy verses, indian parliament, manmohan, manmohan singh, manmohan singhs, prayer ceremony, ravinder singh, religious prayers, sikhs, singh kohli, surjit singh, vote of confidence, youth congress