Pravin Mahajan denies having fired shots at PramodNovember 14th, 2007 - 3:01 am ICT by admin
Appearing in court, Pravin said that,” he was not a killer”.
When asked about whether Rekha Mahajan, wife of the slain leader, had identified the accused, he said, “Rekha’s statements aren’t true.”
Rekha had charged Pravin of killing Pramod.
Earlier, Poonam Mahajan, Pramod’s daughter, during her deposition, told the court, “This man (Pravin) has left me orphaned and I want justice from this court.”
Pravin surrendered before the police on April 22, admitting that he had fired three shots at Pramod Mahajan at the latter’s residence in Mumbai.
Pravin has been charged with Sections 302 (murder) and 449 (house trespass) of Indian Penal Code.
The prosecution has completed examination of 32 witnesses in the case. They are Rekha, Poonam, sister Pradnya Munde and her husband Gopinath Munde and Pramod’s domestic help Mahesh Wankhede.
Mahesh Wankhede is the key witness in the case.
The recording of all evidence will be concluded within this week. The final arguments will start from November 12. (ANI)
- Pravin Mahajan to be cremated Thursday - Mar 04, 2010
- Pravin cremated, Munde-Mahajan clan keep away (Lead) - Mar 04, 2010
- Court to pronounce verdict in Pramod Mahajan murder case - Dec 17, 2007
- Pravin Mahajan convicted in Pramod Mahajan murder case - Dec 17, 2007
- Pravin Mahajan washes family dirty linen; kins defend Pramod (Lead) - Apr 12, 2009
- Pravin Mahajan slips into coma after brain haemorrhage - Dec 12, 2009
- Pravin Mahajan dies in Thane hospital (Lead) - Mar 03, 2010
- Pravin Mahajan pens 'revealing' book on brother Pramod whom he killed - Apr 12, 2009
- Pravin Mahajan granted 14-day parole to visit 'ill wife' - Nov 27, 2009
- Maharashtra police officer acquitted of murder attempt - Jun 01, 2011
- Pravin Mahajan slips into coma, critical - Dec 12, 2009
- Pravin Mahajan dies four years after brother's killing (Second Lead) - Mar 03, 2010
- Pravin Mahajan dies four years after killing brother (Third Lead) - Mar 03, 2010
- Pravin Mahajan gets life sentence - Dec 18, 2007
- Court to pronounce quantum of sentence to Pravin Mahajan - Dec 18, 2007
Tags: accused, deposition, domestic help, evidences, indian penal code, key witness, mahesh, mumbai, poonam, pramod mahajan, pravin, prosecution, rekha, sessions court, slain leader, three shots, trespass