Pravin Mahajan convicted in Pramod Mahajan murder caseDecember 17th, 2007 - 1:36 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, Dec 17 (ANI): A Sessions Court today convicted Pravin Mahajan in connection with the BJP General Secretary Pramod Mahajan murder case.
The verdict found Pravin guilty of murder under Section 302 and criminal trespassing under Section 449 of the Indian Penal Code.
The quantum of punishment for Pravin is still to be decided.
A court on December 15 had accepted that Pravin had pre-planned the murder of Pramod. The court also said the SMSs allegedly sent by Pravin to Pramod proved that the murder had been pre-planned.
Earlier, the court had rejected the prosecution’s theory that money could be the motive and the prime cause behind the acrimony between the two siblings.
During the trial, the witnesses who deposed included Rekha, Pramod’s wife; daughter Poonam; brother-in-law Gopinath Munde and Pravin’s wife Sarangi.
Pravin surrendered before the police on April 22, 2006 admitting he had shot three bullets into Pramod at the latters flat in the Poornima building in Worli, Central Mumbai, after having an argument over some property dispute. (ANI)
- Court to pronounce verdict in Pramod Mahajan murder case - Dec 17, 2007
- Pravin cremated, Munde-Mahajan clan keep away (Lead) - Mar 04, 2010
- Pravin Mahajan to be cremated Thursday - Mar 04, 2010
- Pravin Mahajan granted 14-day parole to visit 'ill wife' - Nov 27, 2009
- Pravin Mahajan gets life sentence - Dec 18, 2007
- Pravin Mahajan washes family dirty linen; kins defend Pramod (Lead) - Apr 12, 2009
- Court to pronounce quantum of sentence to Pravin Mahajan - Dec 18, 2007
- Pravin Mahajan dies four years after brother's killing (Second Lead) - Mar 03, 2010
- Pravin Mahajan pens 'revealing' book on brother Pramod whom he killed - Apr 12, 2009
- Pravin Mahajan dies four years after killing brother (Third Lead) - Mar 03, 2010
- Pravin's book a figment of imagination, conspiracy: Brother - Apr 12, 2009
- Pravin Mahajan slips into coma after brain haemorrhage - Dec 12, 2009
- Pravin Mahajan denies having fired shots at Pramod - Nov 14, 2007
- Pravin Mahajan slips into coma, critical - Dec 12, 2009
- Court to pronounce verdict in Pramod Mahajan murder case - Dec 15, 2007
Tags: acrimony, brother, bullets, central mumbai, criminal trespassing, general secretary, indian penal code, money, motive, munde, murder case, prime cause, property dispute, prosecution, quantum, sessions court, siblings, smss, wife daughter