Pratibha Patil to visit KashmirApril 5th, 2008 - 6:25 pm ICT by admin
Jammu, April 5 (IANS) President Pratibha Patil is expected to visit to Jammu and Kashmir sometime this summer, an official spokesman said here. Chief Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad invited Patil during his 45-minute meeting with the president at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi Saturday, he said.
The president has accepted the invitation to visit the state and see how Kashmir has witnessed a massive development during the last few years, the spokesman said.
But the exact dates for the visit would be finalized later, he said.
It would be Patil’s first visit to Jammu and Kashmir after she became the president in July last year.
According to official sources, she might coincide her visit with the annual Amarnath pilgrimage, which will take place between June 18 and Aug 16.
Her predecessor A.P.J. Abdul Kalam had visited the state four times and visited the shrines of Hazratbal, Vaishno Devi and also inaugurated the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, near Katra in Jammu region.
- President to visit Kashmir - Nov 05, 2011
- Need to produce innovators, entrepreneurs, says president - Nov 25, 2011
- President arriving in Jammu - Nov 24, 2011
- Vaishno Devi pilgrimage resumes after forest fire (Lead) - Jun 23, 2012
- Over five million pilgrims visit Vaishno Devi till June - Jul 04, 2012
- Vaishno Devi pilgrimage suspended due to forest fire - Jun 23, 2012
- Kashmir had record 12 million tourists - Dec 31, 2011
- Chidambaram in Jammu, visits Vaishno Devi - Apr 10, 2012
- Heavy rush of pilgrims to Vaishno Devi shrine - May 15, 2012
- President begins Jammu visit (Lead) - Nov 24, 2011
- Now, ropeway for pilgrims to Vaishno Devi shrine - Sep 23, 2011
- Now, e-tickets for chopper ride to Vaishno Devi - Apr 29, 2011
- Record pilgrims visit Vaishno Devi - Dec 25, 2011
- Record 10 million pilgrims visit Vaishno Devi shrine (Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- Tourism can boost Kashmir's economic development: Omar - Dec 31, 2011
Tags: abdul kalam, amarnath, chief minister, exact dates, ghulam nabi azad, invitation, jammu, kashmir, katra, massive development, New Delhi, pilgrimage, predecessor, president pratibha patil, shri mata vaishno devi university, shrines, spokesman, vaishno devi