Prasad will be new Kashmir police chief (Second Lead, Changing dateline)May 28th, 2012 - 6:27 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, May 28 (IANS) Ashok Prasad, the additional director of the Intelligence Bureau (IB) here, is tipped to be the new chief of the Jammu and Kashmir Police.
Prasad joined the Indian Police Service in 1979 and belongs to the Andhra Pradesh cadre.
He was appointed additional director of the IB’s Srinagar office in July 2011.
He was earlier deputy director of IB’s office in the state from 1999 to 2001.
Prasad was the first secretary in the Indian embassy in Nepal in 1995-99.
He is recipient of the President’s Police Medal for meritorious services and the President’s Police Medal for distinguished services.
The home ministry had suggested names of three officers to the Jammu and Kashmir government to pick the police chief.
Informed sources said the state cabinet meeting here on May 30 is likely to choose Prasad as Chief Minister Omar Abdullah favours his appointment.
The two other officers suggested by the ministry are Arun Chowdhary and P.M. Nair, both of whom have completed 30 years of service, mandatory to be chosen as the director general of police of the state.
- Ashok Prasad takes over as new Kashmir police chief - Jul 23, 2012
- 718 security personnel conferred medals - Aug 14, 2010
- Prasad to be new chief of J&K; Police - May 28, 2012
- K. Rajendra Kumar to be Jammu and Kashmir acting police chief - May 30, 2012
- I-Day: 930 personnel to be awarded police medals - Aug 14, 2011
- Abducted IB officer's name skipped at investiture - Dec 01, 2010
- Neeraj Kumar is new Delhi Police chief (Second Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- 111 personnel get president's police medal - Jan 25, 2012
- 704 policemen awarded Police Medals - Jan 25, 2010
- President's police medals given away - Dec 24, 2011
- Patnaik transferred, Satyapal Singh is new Mumbai top cop (Third Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- Sandhu is IB's Officer on Special Duty - Nov 29, 2010
- 61 police, paramilitary personnel to get service awards - Aug 14, 2012
- 704 personnel decorated with President Police medals - Jan 25, 2010
- Jammu and Kashmir to have new police chief June 1 - May 26, 2012
Tags: andhra pradesh, arun, ashok, cabinet meeting, chief minister, chowdhary, deputy director, distinguished services, home ministry, indian embassy in nepal, indian police service, intelligence bureau, jammu and kashmir, jammu and kashmir government, kashmir, meritorious services, nair, police medal, srinagar, state cabinet