Prasad to be new chief of J&K; PoliceMay 28th, 2012 - 2:00 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, May 28 (IANS) Ashok Prasad, a senior officer of the Intelligence Bureau, will be the new director general of Jammu and Kashmir Police.
Prasad, who is currently serving as the additional director of the Intelligence Bureau in Srinagar, will succeed Kuldeep Khoda as the chief of the state police, sources told IANS.
Khoda is due to retire May 31 and the new DGP is likely to take over June 1.
-Indo-Asian News Service
- K. Rajendra Kumar to be Jammu and Kashmir acting police chief - May 30, 2012
- Army cautions against complacency in counter-insurgency - Aug 05, 2011
- Ashok Prasad takes over as new Kashmir police chief - Jul 23, 2012
- Prasad will be new Kashmir police chief (Second Lead, Changing dateline) - May 28, 2012
- BJP raps government on Amarnath Yatra decision - May 16, 2012
- Jammu and Kashmir to have new police chief June 1 - May 26, 2012
- Army rescues 400 trapped at Leh pass in Kashmir - Jul 08, 2012
- Jammu and Kashmir Police helping Ambala explosives case probe - Oct 15, 2011
- Militants attack district police chief's convoy in Kashmir - Jan 07, 2012
- Omar mocks Anna for 'Mumbai tamasha' (Lead) - Dec 28, 2011
- Kashmir youth no longer swayed by militancy, says police - Mar 10, 2012
- Omar Abdullah orders removal of Srinagar SSP after firing incident - Jun 20, 2010
- Delhi blast: Jammu and Kashmir Police verifying facts - Sep 10, 2011
- Don't detain Kashmiris without informing us: Kashmir government to states - Sep 12, 2011
- Kashmir arranges for fish sale for Pandits - Feb 18, 2012