Pranab Mukherjee to launch National Skill Development Corporation todayOctober 20th, 2009 - 11:12 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 20 (ANI): Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee will launch the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) here today.
The launch programme of the NSDC will see the release of 12 skill gap reports concerning 12 industry sectors; launch of the NSDC Website and invitations or call for proposals.
Mukherjee will present a few agreements on behalf of the NSDC to a few organizations who are starting skill projects.
M V Subbiah, Chairman, NSDC, Government Officials, Captains of industry, NGOs, multilateral agencies and members of the Diplomatic Corps are expected to attend the launch.
The NSDC is a unique Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Enterprise, which has been mandated to skill 30 per cent of the overall target of 500 million people by the year 2022.
The NSDC will foster private sector industries to encourage skill training in 21 sectors.
NSDC has been incorporated as a not-for-profit organization under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956 by the Ministry of Finance. It has been formed as 51:49 shareholding of private and government.
Besides Ministry of Finance, all prominent industry bodies have contributed to the initial capital of this venture. NSDC is one of its kind a Public Private Partnership. (ANI)
- Pranab Mukherjee to launch National Skill Development Corporation - Oct 19, 2009
- National Skill Development Corporation launched by Pranab Mukherjee - Oct 20, 2009
- Dilip Chenoy to head National Skill Development Corporation - Mar 30, 2010
- Coming up, 100 more skill development centres - May 25, 2012
- '14 million job seekers to move out of northeast by 2021' - Jan 23, 2012
- A joint venture to train over two million in diverse skills - Dec 21, 2010
- 'Power To Empower' contest aims to sharpen entrepreneurial skills - Sep 13, 2012
- Award is recognition for team work: M.V. Subbiah - Jan 26, 2012
- Declare 2012 as year of 'Proud to be Skilled Indian' (Comment) - Dec 25, 2011
- Centurion group signs agreement with NSDC - May 07, 2010
- India plans to create 150 mn skilled workforce by 2022 - Sep 20, 2010
- New initiative to promote skill development launched - Oct 20, 2009
- Protect, improve traditional knowledge of northeast India: Patil - Sep 25, 2010
- Government okays Rs.1,000 crore job plan for Kashmir - Jul 07, 2011
- New job plan for Kashmir to train 40,000 youth (Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,