Pranab Mukherjee holds first FSDC meetDecember 31st, 2010 - 9:41 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec 31 (ANI): Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee held the first meeting of Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) here on Friday.
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor D Subbarao, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) Chairman C B Bhave, Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) Chairman J Hari Narayan, Finance Secretary Ashok Chawla and Financial Services Secretary R Gopalan attended today’s meeting.
After the meeting, Mukherjee told reporters that the meeting proved to be a very positive one.
“I am not going to issue it (press release). It will be issued by the department shortly. We had a very positive and constructive meting. This is the first meeting of the FSDC (Financial Stability and Development Council). A press release will be issued,” said Mukherjee.
Finance Secretary Ashok Chawla said broad issues regarding the state of economy were discussed in the meeting held today.
“At the first meeting of the financial stability and development council the ministry is going to issue a press release and very broad issues regarding the state of the economy and the international economy,” said Chawla.
Mukherjee has proposed to set up FSDC to deal with financial stability, financial sector development, inter-regulatory coordination and several other important financial issues.
According to media reports, the Council is also expected to coordinate the country’s international interface with financial sector bodies such as the Financial Action Task Force and Financial Stability Board. (ANI)
- Mukherjee discusses setting up FSDC with regulators - Oct 12, 2010
- Pranab holds first financial council meeting - Dec 31, 2010
- Financial oversight body by December: Minister - Nov 23, 2010
- Apex finance panel agrees with RBI rate hike - Jul 27, 2011
- Mukherjee asks global investors to participate in India's growth - Oct 07, 2010
- India eying double-digit growth by 2012: Mukherjee - Oct 07, 2010
- Financial stability panel takes up Eurozone contingency plan - Jun 14, 2012
- Pranab meets industrialists to allay India Inc concerns - Aug 01, 2011
- Mukherjee ensures status quo on ULIPs (Roundup) - Apr 12, 2010
- Panel to clean up financial sector laws soon: Mukherjee - Nov 19, 2010
- Penalty on HDFC Standard Life seen as warning - Jul 03, 2012
- Mukherjee leaving for Busan tonight to attend G-20 Finance Ministers meet - Jun 02, 2010
- R Gopalan appointed Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs - Jan 31, 2011
- SEBI sets disclosure terms for life insurance companies - Oct 26, 2010
- Resilient economy reflected country's economic management: Mukherjee - Jan 10, 2011
Tags: ashok, bank of india, exchange board, finance secretary, financial action task force, financial sector development, financial stability, first meeting, gopalan, insurance regulatory and development authority, international economy, irda, narayan, pranab mukherjee, rbi governor, reserve bank of india, sebi, securities and exchange board of india, subbarao, union finance minister